BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, April 28, 2007

They paved paradise, and put in a parking lot

But its just for today, and I'm not complaining! My tiny little town has gone crazy. Car crazy. Every year, there is a huge car show, with somewhere around 700 classic cars parked everywhere. Everywhere you turn, a beautiful car, and usually at least four men drooling on it. For the last seven years, since I moved up here, I have never made it to this car show, I'm always out of town for one reason or another. This year, I happen to be home, so I got up early, and hit the car show. I know, girls aren't supposed to like muscle cars, but as long as I don't have to build it, or work on it, this one does. I can appreciate whats under the hood, and there were a few cars there that I would have liked to have driven away in. I only lasted two hours before my vision started blurring, but I saw, and took pictures of some awesome looking cars. Ran into a few people I know, talked with a few I didn't, then high tailed it back home, where I am guzzling iced tea. The weather decided to play nice today, but it is a tad warm.

5 comments:

sybil law said...

I flipping LOVE cars and going to car shows! (Although, not so much the ones with young punks, because there's too many cheesy, scantily clad chicks at those.) I also love muscle cars. My dream car: '74 Corvette Stingray with T tops. Oh nice!

mielikki said...

This car show is extraordinary, no young punks, or scantily clad women. Really. Its so nice to just walk around and ogle the cars. My dream car is a California Special Mustang, because they made so few of them. Lots of 'vette's at todays show. I'll post my pic's on Facebook, soon.

Bubblewench said...

No cool car pictures?

When I think classic cars though, I think about 1938 Buick's! and 1943 Cadillac's! I guess that's antique now..

I could totally go for a 1978 GTO totally tricked out, in black. ;)

mielikki said...

lol pictures coming, I am working on them! There is a nice black Buick that was down there, not many GTO's. I only saw one Caddy, odd.

CamiKaos said...

there is a great vintage car show in our neighborhood every year, we love to go.