BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, April 19, 2007

drunken dialing

The last man I dated with any regularity turned out to be a really drunk looser. I think I have told bits and pieces of that. When I broke off with him, I had to change my cellphone number, because he was texting me all these foul messages, a lot. So, I changed it, and the only people that have my cell number are My mother and sisters, work, and Deb. Its not that I won't give it out, its just that I haven't needed to. All the men that are currently toying with me are using my landline, for the moment.
I was sitting here the other day, and noticed I had a message on my cell. From 1:55 in the morning. Here is a general replay of said message: (person slurring, obviously drunk.)
-Using my first name, twice (my voice mail message id's me. Maybe I should change that.)"Right now, right now! M-f'in' Bob, Bob, Water, we was Wheelin' Bob, hits a wall, wheelin' M-f'er Goin' home, Goin' home, we got it done, done. comin' home. Comin home. Did I tell you how beautiful you are? M'f-in Stuck. I Love You- Goodbye".
Or some such nonsense. WTF? I laughed so hard I cried. Some fool drunk dialing, more than like. Hopefully I won't read a newspaper today, about some fool named Bob and his cousin Jethro who were out 4 wheelin' somewhere, hit a wall, ended up in a puddle, and died, after making one, last call on their cell phone.

9 comments:

CamiKaos said...

i had to take my name off my cell voicemail for late night drunk dialers and assholes...

gotta love those guys.

sybil law said...

That is hilarious!!!
Years ago, my friend Marc called me and told me to be quiet... somehow, on his line, there was some sort of mixup and we could hear some poor guy, some poor MARRIED guy, talking to an AIDS hotline counselor. He found out he had AIDS and yet his wife obviously had no clue he was gay.
Wait - sooo not funny!
But it was at the time. Well, mostly crazy. I know it has nothing to do with your story, but it reminded me of it!

mielikki said...

Somehow I am twisted enough to see the crazy/funny in it. I hope that guy came clean with his poor wife. And there was no dead Bob's in the paper today.

kaliulka said...

my 2nd post--getting braver here. you are all too funny. soooo many "dead bobs" in this world of ours. agree with camikaos---ya gotta love em. mielikki, i admire your column so much--am vicariously enjoying your thoughts, candor, wit, and articulate-ness. dare i---gulp---have the courage like you ladies (maybe a guy posts here) to get a life and get my own blog and write some of those unwritten stories swimming around in my head. PS. loved the photo of your "on-call fairy"

CamiKaos said...

Kaliulka: make a blog, what's the worst that can happen, you don't like it iand take it down?

mielikki said...

Kali- thanks! Comment as much as you want, though I really think you should be starting a blog, too. You are hilarious, and I bet you could tell some great stories! And, yes, I guess ya gotta love the Bob's, dead, or not

Bubblewench said...

I think I dated that guy.....

Rachel said...

I haven't ever been drunk dialed. I used to get the occasional booty calls but thats about it.

Mimi said...

There's a guy who drunk mis-dials our house reguarly looking for Theresa.