BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Malbec love

last night I opened another one of the wine's I had delivered right to my door courtesy of Wine.com. Once again, I am going to use their name, becaue I liked their wine (a lot). If they have a problem with it, they can try and find me! HA!
Anyhow, the wine of choice was Terrazas de los Andes Reserva Malbec, Reserva, 2004. It is from Argentina. And it was lovely. Much too good for its own good. I actually had one small glass the night before, and last night, because it was so good, I finished the bottle. (Thank God for deep red wine glasses). It has a really nice, deep fruity taste. The bottle mentions that hints of violets should stand out. I must order another bottle (or two, or three) and research that more.
Halfway through the first glass, I decided to sit down and write for a while. Then the phone rang. Before I expound on that, I should explain something to you few readers, first.
I live in a tiny tiny town. I love that. I moved here for a reason. But, men here? Scarce. The one's I meet in the hospital? Usually old, or mentally ill. Bars? Plenty. Men in said local bars? Scary. Especially the ones that are my age, or in my "age range". So, I am doing the internet men shopping option. I have to tell you, its kind of fun. Due to my standards, I have only met a few of them, though. One was a very sweaty man who only wanted to get laid. The next one, I dated him for almost four months. By the end of the four months, I felt like I was nothing but his designated driver that he could treat very disrespectfully whenever he wanted. All he ever did was come up here, and drink until he passed out. Not what I am looking for. That, and he got pissy when I beat him repeatedly in the football pool.
Recently, I have been e mailing with a guy who lives one town over, two miles away. He seems, (should I say it?) Normal. Nice even. Just as I sat down to write last night, he called me. I usually don't like to be interrupted when I write. I didn't mind so much this time. We spoke for an hour, and I still think he is nice, and dare I say, normal. He has a normal job (the last one didn't,) and he wasn't drunk, and he didn't ask if he could come over! Hope springs eternal. In the middle of talking with him, my e mail fired off another guy, this one lives about 20 minutes from here, and he was "requesting communication". Uhm, well, ok, sure! Why not? Spring has sprung. We shall see if I get flowers, or ragweed. But the wine, it was Excellent!

5 comments:

CamiKaos said...

hooray for good wine and the hope of spring.

sybil law said...

Oh I wish you the best of luck! I've never watched that show "Men in Trees" (I HATE Anne Heche) but the whole thing sounds stupid to me.. yeah - you have the pick of all these hot men in one little town - riiiight. So I hope this guy brings you, if nothing else, a lot of fun!
That wine sounds really, really good. Yum.

mielikki said...

I cannot stand Anne Heche myself, Northern Exposure is my Alaska TV of choice. Enough wine, and any man will be fun hee hee

Bubblewench said...

Good luck!! I did that for awhile, even tried that one that is on TV all the time... met some very nice men, but nothing that stuck. But i know quite a few people that met & married via that way.

I am goign to order some of that wine too.

mielikki said...

Yes I am on the one that is on TV all the time as well. It is interesting. . .
That wine is on sale right now. I ordered a few more bottles. Gotta search for those violets!