Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
1. Which historical figure do you admire the most? Why? Margaret Sanger is my historical hero. She was instrumental in giving women the right to have/use/own any birth control method they needed to use. She did whatever she could to empower women during her time, even if she did end up in jail, a few times, for it. She'd seen her own mother get worn out, and eventually die, from birthing too many children, and she stepped forward and did something about it!
2. Name the band or artist you'd like to see live in concert before you leave the planet or tell us about a concert or album that has already rocked your world. I want to go see Springsteen. He's been a favorite of mine for a long time
3. What's your favorite television show or series of all time?
Why should I care? MASH has to be one of my all time favorites. And, you should care because if you ever need a good laugh, this is the show that will give it to you.
4. Movies! I am so behind on the movie scene. What should I watch this weekend? Should I watch it alone or with someone? Julie, and Julia. Its good whether you do, or don't have someone with you. Everyone I know has enjoyed this movie
5. You are hopping on a plane tomorrow morning. Where did you choose to go and why?Anyplace warm, because I could use the vitamin D!
6. Who is your favorite author? What about their writing inspires you or simply entertains you? Recommend at least one book that you feel I must read. Diana Gabaldon is my favorite author, read the entire Outlander Series. Go ahead... I'll wait...
7. Hobbies and passions. What brings you joy in your spare time? How did you get into it? I started knitting, especially to make a blanket for my Grandmother. Now, it relaxes me, and helps to settle my brain...
Monday, January 25, 2010
1. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
2. List who gave the award to you and use a link to her blog (or hyperlink).
3. List 10 things that make you happy.
4. Pass the award on to other bloggers and visit their blog to let them know!
A new found bloggy friend gave me this award, Allie, who can be found here
As far as passing it along, well, ALL of you are favorites of mine. so ALL of you should take it if you want to play with it.
I will be more specific on the ten things that make me happy, though...
1. My family. I love living here with MM and MG, it makes me very happy
2. Our home. The land it sits on, the stuff on the walls, its perfect for us, we all love it here
3. being warm. Especially in this weather. Sitting here cozy, looking out the window at the snow that I don't have to go out in, today, that makes me happy
4. Home made Kahlua makes me happy
5. Knitting makes me happy
6. So does a good book
7. The fish make me happy, and relaxed (sigh, the other pets do, too, but sometimes, they raise my BP A LOT!)
8. Of course my Jeep makes me happy
9. sleep. makes me very happy
10. Life. right now it makes me happy...
Posted by mielikki at 8:30 AM
Friday, January 22, 2010
Posted by mielikki at 8:07 AM
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Monday, January 18, 2010
Posted by mielikki at 12:20 AM
Friday, January 15, 2010
Marin Alsop was born in NYC, daughter of two professional musician parents. Her father, LaMar, is a violinist and concertmaster of the NYC Ballet Orchestra, and her Mother, Ruth, is a cellist, with the same orchestra.
Posted by mielikki at 7:57 AM
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
2. Have you said anything in the last 24 hours that you regret? Last 24 hours? No. But I've been at home. I am usually safer at home. Now, work, this last week. Yes. A few things were said that I regret. (and not all of them by me)
3. Have you ever blabbermouthed something to a significant other that in hindsight you really should have kept to yourself? Not really. I think I am so candid that MM has just come to expect that I will say anything that I feel I need to. The beauty of it is that he likes me that way.
4. Have you ever written anything on your blog that you wish you could take back? No, but I do think carefully about what I am blogging. And who will be reading it
5. Are you the blabber or the blabbee? Tell us your most embarrassing blabbermouth moment. I once announced to a crowd of people "my Dad says he can find a hole in the dark". My mom was mortified.
6. Who is the biggest blabbermouth tattletale in your household? Me without a doubt. I am the youngest of three daughters. It was my role in life, to tattle on my sisters. I had to live up to their expectations.
7. You are the Blog Paparazzi! Which blogger's real photograph are you most interested in getting? A Group shot of EVERYONE who did this Meme.
8. If you could hire the loudest and most skilled blabbermouth in the universe to do your talking for you and advertise it well, what message would you like to spread to humanity? Don't hold back. To treat each other with kindness. I am so tired of seeing, day after day, someone tossing another person under the bus, just to get ahead, themselves. People are so fixated on their own advancement that they don't care who they step on. It damages my soul to see this happening around me.
Monday, January 11, 2010
Monday rolls around again, and I find myself at home, blissfully so, after what turned out to be a very, very long work weekend. And I go back to work for three more nights starting tomorrow. Ugh.
Posted by mielikki at 12:25 PM
Friday, January 8, 2010
Maria Salmon Mitchell was born in 1818 in Nantucket, Mass, to William and Lydia Mitchell. She had nine siblings. Her family followed the Quaker religion, and placed high value on education. The Quakers also believed in intellectual equality between the sexes, and educated the boys and girls reflecting this.
Thursday, January 7, 2010
So, I am FINALLY, (hopefully?) down to the dregs of what has been, I think, two different colds, that have lasted the better part of two months.
Posted by mielikki at 11:08 AM
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Monday, January 4, 2010