BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Cough Cough Cough

So, I am FINALLY, (hopefully?) down to the dregs of what has been, I think, two different colds, that have lasted the better part of two months.

I've taken antibiotics that almost killed me,
drank enough thera flu to float the ark
and have eaten enough cough drops to become a certified expert on quality and taste.
I am still going through the cough drops like crazy, and really, what gets to me, is that they seem to come in three flavors
nauseating cherry
menthol yuck
and furniture polish.
Seriously.
As of this time, the only ones that I can really handle are the Ricola ones. I am not that into cherry, though I have to admit the cherry NyQuil is better than the thick green alcohol laden NyQuil that I used to get drunk off of when I was kid. But I digress.
The menthol cough drops clear noses really well, but HURT my sore throat. What a trade off!
So, I am going with the Ricola, and sticking with them...
cough cough

4 comments:

NanaKaos said...

The cough drops with menthol make me so sick to my stomach that I can't take them, beside tasting like, well... you know what. The Riccola)mixed berry isn't bad, but it is hard to find. They all make my mouth sore, I just try not to need them.

I used to put good ole Vicks under my nose until after 50 years of use my skin started to fall off, the Dr said, "Well don't use it any more." I miss my Vicks.

Good luck and good health Honey!

Finding Pam said...

I hope you are on the mend. Have you tried warm honey and lemon?

I know what you mean about those cough drops...

sybil law said...

The only good "cough drops' are those cherry Luden ones. Basically, Lifesavers with probably no medicinal value whatsoever. Still. Mmmmmmmm...
Get better already, yeesh! :)

Daryl said...

drink lots and lots and lots and lots of water .. best advice a doc ever gave me .. it made the cough go away .. I believe it drowned