BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Sense of smell take two

** Alright you sissies, here is the disclaimer. You probably want to put your lunch away before this one. I worked last night and its a nursing story. Could gross you out. ****

So, I waxed poetic about Lake Almanor, and the smell of books. Well I was wishing last night that my sense of smell would just fade away into nothing. I just want to say, that even if you hate the ground your mother,( father, sister, whomever)walks on, still, before you bring them to the hospital, can you at least bathe them? Especially if they have long hair and have not showered in three weeks related to all the vomiting and OTHER foul things they are emitting out their other end. Have some pride! Show some respect! Do not stand there and gasp when I take your mother's dirty socks off and reveal feet that are noxious enough to make a nurse want to cry! I am a trained professional, and still, I wanted to cry for this woman. Then, I had to clean the rest of her and I can tell you, it wasn't pretty. Her family sure beat feet when I did that chore. I couldn't wash her hair, though, didn't have the time, (I was too busy trying to save her life, she was very sick) and I didn't have the right equipment (huge bottle of shampoo and detangler, and a thick plastic comb.) It was sad, and the lady just kept laying there saying "I'm sorry." Its her family that should be saying that to her.
OK, I am finished with that rant. I just had to get it out of my system. Sorry.

2 comments:

mielikki said...

To add salt to the wound, the womans daughter? Spent her days attending "beauty school"

sybil law said...

That poor lady and that fucking family....
On the other hand, you ROCK, as all nurses do. I am under the belief that nurses do the really hard work, while doctors breeze in and give directions. I salute you...