BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Running With Scissors

Borrowing a bit from CamiKaos, I have to tell you about the movie I watched tonight. It was great! Bizarre, and twisted, but great. Annette Bening plays a seriously mentally ill woman, and does a great job. I am not normally a great fan of hers, but the acting chops she shows in this movie? Uncomparable. Alec Baldwin plays her alcoholic husband. These two are trying to raise a child, Augusten. And the 'family' psychiatrist, played by Brian Cox? I cannot even describe him. At one point, he tries to tell his family that his shit is a message from God. I kid you not. This movie is LMAO funny, but sad, at the same time. If you like twisted, dark humor, watch it. You won't believe your eyes, or ears!

6 comments:

CamiKaos said...

It's called Running With Scissors?

I will check it out, I love Brian Cox.

mielikki said...

Yes, Running with Scissors, and I loved it.

sybil law said...

That is hands down one of my favorite books EVER. I haven't seen the movie yet. Now I have to! By the way - and the stuff portrayed? All TRUE. Actually happened. Augusten Burroughs wrote it, and I've read all his books. They rock.

sybil law said...

You know, I am not a big Annette Bening fan, either, but I saw her in (I think this is the name), "Being Julia", and it ROCKED. I was stunned by her acting. I guess it's also because I had such low expectations for her, but still. Really good.

mielikki said...

see, now I totally have to go buy the books.

sybil law said...

Yes - you must buy the books!