BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

this, and that, before I go to sleep

An update of a post from oh so long ago. . .
Remember the escape artist calico kitten that I gave away to my co worker, P? I found out this morning that "Spicy" is knocked up. I don't think she is a year old yet, and it concerns me for her health, but P is thrilled, they are going to keep all the kittens. She already has names picked, Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme, of course! They do plan on getting her spayed after the babies are born, so that makes me feel a little better about the situation.
For the last two nights, I have been working on a different floor of the hospital, the telemetry floor where all the heart related conditions are treated. I've been their charge nurse, because they have a crop of newly minted nurses working up there. Thats where the puppy I fed to satan on is birthday works. He is still a puppy, btw. I worked with him the other night. Working up there has been kind of fun, but I have to admit I'm tired of being chased down by rookies and peppered with questions. I couldn't even take a lunch break last night without being found. But, that's what I was there for. Last night, for some reason, all the little old men loved me. I had one asking me if I could er, lotion up his sensitive bits for him (at 85 no less) and continue on to brag about what a LARGE foreskin he had. (Never been circumcised he says, with a smile.) OOOK. I put the cream in his hand and escaped, never to return. Then, another one, while I was fixing his IV took a look at me, and says "you have beautiful hair". "Oh, Thank You" I mutter, and quickly exit to stage right before I get another lotion invitation. After that, I avoided rooms with old men in them. But I still left, feeling oh, so dirty. Now, I have to go take a long shower, and wash of whatever it was that caught their attention. Because, odds are, I'll have to go back to that floor tonight. EEEW.

5 comments:

Bubblewench said...

Hey! One of those guys could be my dad! At least he looks like Sean Connery!!

Ick, now I need a shower too...

Celtic Rose said...

I second (or is it 3rd?) your EW! I remember a time as a student nurse (MIllions of years ago) when I argued (politely) with a man (maybe in his 50's?) about getting a bed bath. I washed his back and REFUSED to wash anywhere else that he could obviously reach. He was suppose to have surgery later that day and thank the heavens above, his wife showed up early and I happily handed over the "bathing" to her. He was not pleased . . .

CamiKaos said...

yeah. that is why I am not a people person. eew.

sybil law said...

Ewwwww is totally right! Yuck. But haha, too!
You and Cletic Rose sure have some balls to do that stuff....

mielikki said...

I think the whole point of this was that I do not have balls, nor do I want to grease any up on some old geezer! LOL. Sorry BW. I hope your Dad didn't ask for that kind of massage while he was hospitalized!