BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, June 4, 2007

Summer Vacation

Its already June. It has been six months since New Years, five months since my oft repeated 29th birthday, its June. Why, and how did we get here so damn quickly?
It seems like the older I get, the faster the years just kind of zip by. As a kid, I used to think it would NEVER be summer, the glorious stretch of time where I could sleep as I wanted to (most of the time) and not have people picking at my brain, trying to force usless information into it. June, in its brightness, was always the beginning of that stretch. We'd usually finish school the first week into it, and go back the last week of August. (Always on a Wednesday, for some odd reason.)
Part of me thinks time moves faster because, for me, there is really no such thing as summer vacation anymore. I don't get millions of days off to sleep the way I want to, and waste time. At the beginnings of summer vacation, as a kid, try as I might, I just could not stretch my mind out to touch the first day of school, again. I didn't have to!
Don't get me wrong, I actually was one of those freaks who liked school, even high school, though I'll admit my freshman year was dicey. But I loved summer's off.
Anyhow. I feel kind of at a loss today. Time is moving too quick, and I kind of miss the summer vacation. But the pesky, adult world, and my starving cats chime in, with RESPONSIBILTY! And, being a grown up, I will smile, continue forward, and sleep when I can. . .

2 comments:

sybil law said...

Funny... here I am, thinking of how I'd like to go back to school for architecture related crap, and yet today, all I thought was, "I need to go back to be a teacher - maybe an art teacher, so I can have summers off!". I am so in sync with you. Summers rock - when you're a kid. Otherwise, they're just days where you have to figure out what you'll look best in at work while sweating. :)

CamiKaos said...

Having K home for the summer I get to see a whole new side of it

but with that said I am taking a course this summer...