BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, June 16, 2007

I'm blind!

No, I'm really not, if I was, this blog would be unreadable, right? I am actually seeing my screen through the blur of Celtic knot inspired designs, enlarged graph paper, and lines and spaces.
Sigh. Confused? I'm not, though by rights, I should be. This all started with a celtic cross design I saw, and I thought to myself that I could translate that into a knitting pattern, and make the pillow I've been wanting to make out of it. So I did. The pillow is almost done. Then, Celtic Rose got a few books with MORE designs in it, and, I got this bright idea. I made 2 blankets last year, neither of them for myself. I wanted to make myself one, anyhow. I fell in love with the colors I used for the pillow, (dark, ruby red, with black edging). I could design MY OWN blanket, with these new patterns. Sure, I can! No one will have a blanket like mine, because I made the patterns, not some person I don't know who sold a pattern book to millions of people. On top of it, I can make more pillows that will be given to certain people for Christmas. Sure, I can!
Fast forward to today. Its hot outside, so I am perfectly happy to lounge in the cooler inside. The pillow parts are drying in the sun after being blocked, and I am tired of looking at NY and DC pictures, and fixing them up. So, I've been at my table, tracing designs onto graph paper. And now, all I see are lines, and spaces and graph paper.
It better be worth it. It will be worth it. I just keep telling myself that. This winter, when I am snuggled under my new, beautiful blanket, my head resting on the pillow, (ok, near the pillow, I can't have it getting messed up) I will have forgotten the pain of today. But this blog will remind me, if I go back this far, and look, that is.

3 comments:

CamiKaos said...

oooh blankie...

sybil law said...

Well of course we must see a picture....

mielikki said...

picture of the pillow coming as soon as I put the pretty pretty beads on it as well