BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, June 8, 2007

Never buy the frozen Lumpia

I had hopes. Not high hopes. But some hope. I love Lumpia. For those of you who are wondering what the hell that is, its is a Phillipine style egg roll. Its closer to a spring roll than an egg roll, though. Nice, thin, crispy wrapper, with good veggies and meat in it, rolled into deliciousness.
But, I live in the whitest town in California. I challenge anyone else out there who thinks they do. These people here think GREEK food is spicy and unusual. (Well, it is, but you get my meaning.) I have not had Lumpia for a few years. So, when I saw a frozen version in the grocery store, I thought "Frozen Lumpia is better than no Lumpia", and I purchased it. Boy, was I wrong. Wrong times infinity. I couldn't even eat a whole one. And the sauce didn't even save it. I am still trying to wipe the taste of the foulness off my tongue. Beer, good beer, isn't even helping it. I've had to branch out and order a pizza to go with my beer to try and erase that foul excuse for lumpia. Pizza with bacon on it. I am that desperate to relieve my palate, people. If that's lumpia, than I am going to turn purple overnight and become a millionaire. False advertising. But I was foolish to believe someone could freeze Lumpia and sell it commercially. Just. So. Wrong.

2 comments:

CamiKaos said...

umm... yuck. you need to visit portland.

sybil law said...

That does not sound good at all. Ew.