BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, May 19, 2008

mirror mirror

Have you ever been out in public, minding your own business, when suddenly, you see something you wish you hadn't?
No, not a nose picker, or wedgie puller. (though I don't necessarily love seeing that either)
What I am talking about is this:
seeing someone in the same exact clothing YOU own. Someone who looks, er, well, less than attractive in that item of clothing.
Case in point.
Eating mexican food the other night with MM and MG. At a table right behind MM, was this lady. VERY pear shaped. VERY. VERY.
And she was wearing this shirt, and I kept looking at it thinking "is it?"
Nah, could not be, my shirt is cute and adorable. That thing looks hideous.
But, yet
Is it?
Nah, it just can't be, I don't see the buttons
She turns towards me
shit. Buttons.
It IS the exact same shirt I have. The shirt I like to wear, frequently, because it is comfortable, and sleeveless. And now, tainted in my mind.
I tried to put it on and wear it myself, after that incident. (my own shirt, not hers) I didn't last 10 minutes.
Because, in my minds eye, (though I realize she and I are completely differently shaped,) all I could see was this very pear shaped older woman, wearing my shirt.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You better check your underwear drawer and makes sure she didn't take any of your underwear either! LOL

~Jef

Daryl said...

I am trying to think if I have ever seen anyone wear something I own and love .. and I cant which is odd because I live in NYC where there are gazillions of people so the odds of me seeing my blouse or tee or some other item of clothing on someone else is great ... but still I cant. I have OTOH seen someone wear something and want it .. ask where they got it ... always tho it turns out they got it in Europe or Japan or many years ago .. personally I think they lie .. they just dont want me to own it .. come to think of it next time someone asks me where I got something I am going to lie to them! Heh!

I am sure you look great in that shirt .. so get over it and strut your stuff babe!

:-Daryl

Jo Beaufoix said...

You should wear it and think about how anyone else who saw her in it and then sees you will say to themselves, "Wow, that shirt looks fabulous on her."

holly said...

i am SO with jo on this one. make that YOUR shirt!!! i mean, again...

sybil law said...

Gilda's principal at her school is the craziest pear shape I have ever seen. I mean, she's big all over, but the top half is just normally biggish. Then you get to the butt, and it's like SHAPOW! It is HUUUUGE. It honestly freaks me out every time. It makes no sense. She's a great principal and all, but I can't help but be freaked out every time I see her whole body.
Anyway, that's all I had to say. I can't remember anyone wearing what I was wearing, but I have imagined it before. Not cool!

Bubblewench said...

THAT has totally happened to me! I think I went home and burned the clothes...