BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, July 29, 2007

what to buy if you have too much money


I have this friend at work. A lovely woman. A great nurse. She's very funny, as well. She is a single woman, and plans to stay that way.
Within the last few years, she went and bought a house. A pretty nice one. And she's worked hard, fixing it up the way she wants it, with all the features she wants in it. She got herself some cats for company, and has been living there, happy as a lark.
It's also sitting on some acreage. I forget how much. Plenty of brush work for her to do, clearing things, having control burns of all the dead branches ect. she has cleared. I've lost count of how many times she's gotten poison oak. Occasionally, her brother in law comes to lend a hand. But there is not much my friend can't handle on her own.
Recently, she has started researching, and drooling after, Alpaca's. Yes, the animal. From what I can glean, they are the more expensive cousin of llama's. I have knit a few things with alpaca, and I love the yarn that comes from them.
But my sweet heaven, those are costly little buggers! Her Alpaca crush of the week is this gent named "Godzilla". This alpaca isn't for sale, but if you have 5,000 in stud fee's he will be happy to service your lady alpaca for you. Speaking of lady alpaca's. You need over 10,000 to buy a quality one of those. One of Godzilla's daughters, Goddess, is for sale at this moment for a mere 40,000. Peanuts, really it is! (as I gasp in shock). That's actually Goddess, up there, the picture.
This is more than most people pay for adopting a child! Seriously!
I can't believe that people would pay this kind of money, for an animal that has a life expectancy of 25 years at the most!
I know, I hear people in my ear telling me that they would make that money back ten fold by selling the alpaca fiber to people that will make the yarn, and also, selling the offspring of said alpaca. But come on. 40 grand for an animal?
So my friend, she sits at the computer, drooling over these silly beasts. And I just shake my head, and wonder. . .

1 comments:

sybil law said...

That is insane!