BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, July 15, 2007

movie review

Alright. I'll tell you what I thought of Harry Potter. I am not going to "spoil" the movie for those of you who have not seen it, but have read the book. If you have not read the book, but your going to see the movie, you should probably leave now. I'm waiting. . . still here?. . . .

Fine, you gets what you deserve then.

I am a reader of books. I love books, almost any kind of book. Of course, I've read the whole HP series. Its a quirky little tale, with some good and evil and lessons for the kiddies in it.
But when I see a movie, based on a book, I usually leave the theater dissapointed. Never, does a movie live up to the book. HP/Phoenix was no exception.
But, it WAS a good movie. The cinematography was excellent. My, the kids have grown, as well! They did manage to follow the important major plotlines of the book
But they left out so many things I wanted to see. Where was Snape? In like, 3 scenes? And the Umbrige character. Not "froggy" enough for my taste. And, excuse me. Where was the centaur instructor? Where was the bog pond that the Weasley twins left when they sent of their fireworks? I know these are all "minor" things, but I could go on, and on, and on, but I am not going to, because I don't want to ruin it for anyone.
I would reccomend the movie. It was entertaining. CR's Mum loved it. And she's read the books, too. I may be too picky. But I'm glad I went and saw it in the theater, just for the cinematography, alone.
So, there it is. And Syb, I really am trying hard not to post about Newman, in case he has a computer, and googles Mielikki someday, out of sheer boredom. He shouldn't see our dating life in the blogsphere, probably. If you want updates, send me your e mail, and I will keep you in the loop, with BW, and CK!

4 comments:

CamiKaos said...

Syb: LOg into msn afterwork and I can invite you to a chat session

I'm with you. there are a couple of other issues I had with is as well, but they would spoil big changes I felt the movie made... so mouth closed.

mielikki said...

I purposely did not mention anything big, so not to ruin it for others. . .

Mimi said...

I saw it last night, and I thought that Imelda Stanton did a FABULOUS job with Umbridge.

I also thought it was one of the better ones as far as streamlining the storyline for a film without leaving out plot points (number 3 I cannot imagine following if I'd not read the book)

I can't wait for the book on Friday night!

sybil law said...

Well, I haven't read any of the books, and I've only seen the movies, but I can't wait to see this one, and I don't think you've ruined it for me at all. In fact, I am probably more excited to see it now!