BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Cannonball!

Yesterday, for the first time since my extreme youth, I did a cannonball. One thing about growing up. You sink much lower in the water when you do that. Of course, you also displace a lot of water, too.
I did my recent Cannonball at a lake local to Podunk. Yesterday morning, me and Celtic Rose met a friend, SS (supervisor survivor-because she has survived cancer twice) and the three of us took her little boat 'tin lizzy' out and tooled around the lake. It was a beautiful day, lots of people enjoying the water sports, but not too many that we felt crowded on the lake. I have dreams of buying myself a jet-ski, now. I love going and playing in water!
So we three women. We talked, and laughed, and swam, (two of us did, CR needs to find her suit) and we ate. It was a really nice, relaxing day. I'd been awake all night at work, but work had been the epitome of horrors the night before, so a half day on the lake is just what I needed.
I got home utterly relaxed and energyless, with that slightly waterlogged feeling. I didn't even have the energy to type, which would explain why there is no blog dated yesterday.Perfect. I was in bed by 9 pm and slept so hard I can't remember most of my dreams. (For me, that's a strange thing.).

6 comments:

sybil law said...

That sounds awesome. Happy day!

Bubblewench said...

oooh nice day... sounds like fun... and oh so lovely sleep after

Travis Erwin said...

This is a timely post for me. I've been trying to teach my four year old how to do a cannonball, but he insists on holding his nose with one hand.

DaddyKaos said...

How was your dinner with Aunt Tuna. Had a good but short visit, no blog conversation.

mielikki said...

I didn't have dinner with Aunt Tuna, middle sister and idiot BIL did. I hated the place they wanted to eat at, and it was 1.5 hours away from here! I am not driving that long to eat at a sucky buffet. :)

mielikki said...

Oh, and Travis. I did get water up my nose. Lake water. But that's all in the fun of a cannonball, right? Maybe if you buy the little one nose plugs he will embrace the spirit of the cannonball!