BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, July 9, 2007

my strange collection

I posted about Herman, the other day. And today, with my lack of sleep, I am going to post about another important "man" of my life. His name, is Bob.
Bob is an inanimate object. (He is also various family members of mine.). This particular Bob is blue, and shaped like an egg. He came from NYC, a Brookstone store in Rockafeller Center, to be exact. And he came home, riding in a suitcase. (And actually made it!).
Bob is my alarm clock. But he's more than that. He tells me the date, the time, the temperature, he will wake me up, if I need it, and he also is a timer, should I need that. And each thing he tells me to do has a different colored LED screen. Wakey Wakey time is purple, for instance. Normal time, is blue.
He is egg shaped. The people at Brookstone made him so. He is like one of those children's toys, Weebils. "Weebils wobble, but they don't fall down." Neither does Bob. He's very portable, too. Everywhere I go in my travels, I'll take Bob, and some batteries, in case I need to resurrrect him.
I really enjoy Bob's company, obviously. He is one of the more dependable men/inanimate objects in my life. I think everyone should have a Bob, actually. I'm thinking, really, (and shhh you can't tell) many people might get a Bob of their own, for Christmas. I like him so much, I may share. (But I won't share Herman. We have too long a history.)
I am not sure if I have anymore inanimate objects named for men. I'll have to look into it. If I do find one, I'll be sure to tell his story, too!

6 comments:

CamiKaos said...

Your cousin. She is a crazy person. She was so intrigued by Bob that she went to look him up on the internet, only when she began to type in what she was looking for she realized "bob time egg" would probably not get her where she was wanting to go.

mielikki said...

Sadly, it might. Brookstone is the one who named it Bob

sybil law said...

Haha
I think Bob sounds great! He's dependable! Aready better than most men! :)
Does he "vibrate", too? Heehee

mielikki said...

ah, syb. I Knew your mind would go there. . .

Mimi said...

Blush, I thought you were going where Syb thought too...

Anyway, Bob sounds great. Glad he didn't break on the trip home.

Bubblewench said...

My mind was there WAY before sybs! I totally thought you would tell us of a new and improved vibrator. Stupid alarm clock. Shheeeesh.