BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, July 30, 2007

Once again, the Meme of eight

CamiKaos came home from vacation just to tag me with a meme. Well maybe not JUST for that. She missed her home and kitties and stuff. But still. Here I am. Tagged. Eight things about me you don't know.
I could just go find the link to the last one I did. But I won't. I'll attempt to think of eight more things about me that some people don't know. It helps that most of you have never met me. Here we go.
1. While I was in the Navy, the ship I was on for the last 2 years went out to the Persian Gulf. We went back and forth to Bahrain, Abu Dhabi, and Jebal Ali. (Think that's spelled right. Arabic was never my strong point.)
2. I had no intention whatsoever of being a nurse. One of my pet peeves growing up was the constant comparison to my sisters. Being the youngest of three girls, that happens. I was going to be a teacher. Until I realized that teachers cannot support themselves with the poor wages they make. Now, I love my job, and I am not sure I would have been so happy as a teacher.
3. I bought a new gas grill this weekend, and have spent every night outside BBQ'ing yummy things. Newman is going to get BBQ dinner this week when he comes.
4. I collect sheep. Not the live ones. I have some stuffed sheep, and a few ceramic sheep. I also have a few turtles.
5. I am going to Portland, Oregon at the end of the month to spend a few days with the Kaos family.
6. When I am writing, I love the smell of incense in the air. There is this great shop in town that sells some really nice "flavors" and I am one of their regular customers.
7.I will take a picture of just about anything, if it seems "artistic" to me. Even beer bottles in the snow.
8. I love the winter. I love it when it snows here, especially if I am not going anywhere. I will sit, and watch the snow fall, and be completely satisfied.

There. eight things. Now, I get to tag other people. This is where it gets interesting, because CK and I cyber-know most of the same people. An obvious choice is Celtic Rose. If she blogs again this month, maybe she'll tell us 8 things. Bubblewench can consider herself double tagged. (One in each ear?) And Mimi. I never tag her for anything. She may have done this before, as well, but I thought of another eight things, I bet she can, too.
Now for the interesting part. I hereby tag everyone lurking. You know who you are. If your reading this, and have never commented here before. Your it. And leave a comment so I know where to go look!
Anyone else who is reading this, and wants some blog fodder, go for it. Tell us 8 things about yourself, as well.

7 comments:

Mimi said...

I'll have to think on eight things! Thanks.

And, you're coming to Portland? Do you want to road trip our way?

mielikki said...

Mimi
sorry no road trip, I'm flying, because I actually didn't take any days off to take my trip, so its a short one. :(
Next time, though!

CamiKaos said...

bwahhhahahaa

Mimi said...

I totally understand, but you keep me in mind next time.

And, go to Powells! The ultimate Portland experience.

Moonbeam said...

If you are in Portland on a weekend be sure and take in the Saturday Market, lots of artsy unique treasures for sale and at resonable prices. I especially like the glass blower and jewelry items...but its all very cool.

I live in Southern California but my two children live south of Portland. We usually try and fit in time to take in Portland when I am up there for a visit.

I am not going to bore you with 8 things about me, just felt like giving Portland a plug.

mielikki said...

Thanks, moonbeam, that does sound like fun!

Bubblewench said...

Does this mean I have to come up with 16??? YOu people are nuts.

And TOTALLY go to Saturday market.. it rocks and you will love it.