BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

what do a flamingo, a mongoose and a leopard have in common?

They should never travel with Jack Hanna again.

Most of us know who Jack Hanna is. For as long as I can remember, this man has been traveling around, with animals, and going on every talk show, late night show, or celebrity function there is, with animals.
He always tends to bring the animals he knows will scare the hell out of which ever celebrity he is visiting.
And he seems to know EVERYTHING about the animals.
Well, it seems he was bringing a mongoose, a small leopard, and the flamingo home to Ohio, and managed to get the flamingo (in a crate) stuck in an airport turnstile. And for a while, he was stuck in there, right along with it. The turnstile is round. And the crate? It's square. Um. Seriously. He's smart and all, but you cannot put a square peg in a round hole!
It took some firemen a few hours to free the flamingo crate. He actually managed to squeeze himself out, so he could go get help.
Could you just imagine that call? "Hi, can you come help me? My flamingo is stuck in a turnstile". I wonder how many times they hung up on him. (Actually, if I am remembering the article correctly, he went to a nearby firestation for help.)
What really makes me laugh? Everyone else on the plane, was stuck on the tarmac, on the other side of the turnstile. Apparently, Mr. Hanna had to go through first, with his flamingo.

4 comments:

sybil law said...

That is hilarious!!!! Remember "Wild Kingdom"? Now that show rocked. They should really have it aon again, for all the kids growing up nowadays...

mielikki said...

Syb-
I think there is a version of Wild Kingdom on the Animal Planet, now. But Marlon Perkins is long dead, and it just wouldn't be the same for me without that voice. . .

Lori said...

I always thought that dude was a little short on commmon sense!

Mimi said...

I have to admit, I laughed out loud.