BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, September 6, 2007

25. . .26. . .27- songs that make my skin crawl

I could not resist making this list. I warn you now, some really, superlatively bad songs may get stuck in your head. But, these songs make me retch, seriously. And if I have offended anyone with my selection, too bad! You have sucky taste in music if I did.

1. Muskrat Love- What in the hell possessed Captain and Tennille to do this? They suck anyhow, but this?
2. Come Sail Away- Styx. Unless this song is done by the cast of South Park, I just don't want to hear it. . .
3. Forever in Blue Jeans- Neil Diamond. I hate everything Neil, but this one, especially. My mother is his greatest fan, however.
4. My Heart Will Go On- Celine Dion. Someone tell her to go eat! I hate this song.
5. Fernando- ABBA. They were kidding, right? Did they speak English when they recorded this mess? Not that Dancing Queen has any genius to it, but come on!
6. Lay, Lady Lay- Bob Dylan. I believe I have tortured you all with this selection before.
7. You Needed Me- Anne Murray. Sorry Canadians. You can have her!
8. Man Eater- Hall and Oats Oh oh here they come. . . watch out, boy
9.Tragedy- Bee Gees. Actually anything by them is a tragedy.
10. It's a small world after all, its a small world. . .well, you get it.
11. The ENTIRE Kathy Lee Gifford Christmas Album. Yes, once again, blame my Mother.
12. Achy Breaky Heart- Billy Ray Cyrus. He should be drawn and quartered for this.
13. Havin' My Baby- Paul Anka. This makes me toss my cookies.
14. Knock Three Times- Tony Orlando and Dawn. I was tortured with this incessantly as I grew up.
15. Me and You and a Dog Named Boo- Lobo. WTF?
16. One Less Bell to Answer- and Do you Know the Way to San Jose- Dionne Warwick. Both songs, equally stupid, if you ask me
17. Paper Roses- Marie Osmond. Middle sister had this record, and I cringe whenever I hear it. Thankfully I haven't for years.
18.Sussudio- Phil Collins- I think he had a stroke when he wrote and sang this one
19. You Light Up My Life- Debby Boone. Gag.
20. MacArthur Park Donna Summer, cake, in the rain, huh, wha? WHY!
21. Yummy Yummy Yummy. . (I got love in my Tummy) You all hate me now, don't you. That's right. Sing it for the rest of the day, now. . .
22. Thong Song- Sisqo. Was this nasty thing really necessary?
23. Dancing on the Ceiling- Lionel Richie. uhm. Hello? (another bad song). Lionel you suck.
24. Song Sung Blue- Another torturous Neil song.
25. I Write The Songs- Barry Manilow- please STOP writing the songs, PLEASE!
26. Physical- Olivia Newton John. If the song wasn't bad enough, the headband added insult to injury
27. Honky Cat- Elton John. I hesitate to ask what he'd call a Black Cat. . .

I could go on and on with this list. (Hey, On and On, another shitty song) but I have to stop now before I cry, or vomit, or both.
I am totally interested to see if any of you freaks disagree with me. Come on, I dare ya!
*Shudder* I am going to go poke at my brain with Q tips now to get "Yummy Yummy Yummy" out of it. . .

15 comments:

Bubblewench said...

damn! You hate all the stuff I love! Neil Diamond ROCKS!

I do agree with MOST of those though.

mielikki said...

I am anti Neil because I was tortured with him entirely too much as a child. He annoys the S*&t out of me.

Rachel said...

I noticed that most of these have repetitive lyrics and are really bubbly.

They also are the ones that get stuck in your head for hours on end.

Some of them I actually like but most of them I could go without hearing for the rest of my life and not miss a beat.

mielikki said...

yes, some of them are perky and bubbly and repetitive. but others are slower and monotonous. But I also realize if we all liked the same things, the world would be a boring place. These songs just happen to make me want to vomit.

CamiKaos said...

seriously BW, she doesn't know any better than to hate Neil. Her mom forced her...

It is so sad that she can't know the sweet sweet love of Mr. Diamond.

and I laughed SOOO hard the entire time. Fernando. HAHAHAH

Mimi said...

My grandfather loved Neil Diamond, so I am very partial as it's a warm fuzzy.

But, I agree, lots of earworms on your list. Blech.

My all time hated song? "Stairway to Heaven". followed by "It Ain't Over Till It's Over". Dude, it's over, let it go.

DaddyKaos said...

I don't think Lionel sucks, maybe Dancing on the Ceiling would lead everyone to think so but the Commodores did have some good songs, "Still" being one of them.

mielikki said...

So all you Neil fans- I will call you when my Mom is frantically wanting someone to go the concert with her.

DK- I will give you the Commodores. Especially "Still". I happen to love that song. Lionel lost it in the 80's, though.

sybil law said...

Lionel did not lose it in the 80's! I like Lionel - Commodores and after, but yeah - that song is dumb. My friend Laurel and I used to vote for him on our Top 20 countdown back in 5th grade. She died of bone cancer a while ago, so maybe I cling to those memories. Anyway (wow that was depressing!), I only like a little Neil, and how could you not have that waste of flesh Paula Abdul on your list? Of course, there's hundreds more songs we could add... That could be fun... :)

sybil law said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
julie said...

I hate Sussudio, too. Hate it.

I may just have to make a list like this...

mielikki said...

oh the pain. Syb, you can like Lionel, it's all good, just like all the others can like Neil. This is kind of fun, and of course after I wrote this list I thought of many more I'd like to add, Including Paula Abdul, and the "Afternoon Delight" people. There are countless bad songs out there. . .

Celtic Rose said...

Sussudio??? Who or what is a sussudio??? Was it a studder? Was he freezing when he sang it?

I think this could become the longest list in history!

So far I have to aggree with the list, blech!!!

Bubblewench said...

I would SO go with your mom to Neil! BRING IT ON!! When are we going? Can I call her Aunt Tuna?

mielikki said...

LMAO I will pay you to both go to Neil AND refer to her as Aunt Tuna. She wouldn't really understand it, though because I go to great pains to hide the blog world from her. . .