BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, March 31, 2007

My weekend so far. . .





Well my diabolical plan to spend the weekend outside has been working well, so far. I spent most of today browsing the downtown area of my tiny hometown. Its an old fashioned looking Main Street, clock and all. I did notice today that no one has set the downtown clock an hour ahead at daylight savings time, though. Cracked me up. So, my town is not going to capitulate to the evil plot of the world to confuse the rest of us. I went to a few of my favorite shops that I have not visited in quite awhile. I found a cute tank, and wrap around skirt at one place, and was eyeballing some new Chemises they have. I might buy a new one before me and Deb make our annual trip to the Northern Cal. Ren faire. We are going to go to the faire in Lake Tahoe this year, too. I can't wait! I also found some great variegated red yarn that I bought to knit a pillow cover with. It will be the first pillow I attempt, so, hopefully it will turn out well. I also went into this store and found the perfect mothers day present for my Mom. Its made in Sweden, which she will love, and its a wooden ring with little birds done in yellow and blue (swedish flag colors)and in between the birds, you put little candles. I put a picture of it above. I got myself one as well because the little birds are so cute! Its strange that they don't have eyes, though. Anyhow, she loves anything Scandinavian. So, she'll be thrilled. I also found a great cookbook, its recipe's from Diner's all across America. Pot Roasts, and Meatloafs and some you wouldn't expect, like Braised Lamb, and Spanikopita (which I adore.) It even came with a CD with 50's music on it! Classic. I can't wait to try some out, blaring 50's music the whole time. I feel like I should find an old waitress outfit, and call myself 'Flo'. Hey. It could happen.
Sadly, I forgot that I am working tomorrow night, so I will spend my Sunday sulking around the house, and getting mentally prepared for whatever the ICU brings to the table. No new family drama, thank God. Though someone did call me somewhere around 6 am, and I don't have a clue who it was. My caller ID only said "private number." Whoever you were, if you find this blog, wake me up again and I will be forced to retaliate!

6 comments:

Bubblewench said...

How cute. Ikea birds. LOL! Love the cookbook! Sounds like a bunch of fun...

Bubblewench said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CamiKaos said...

hmmm... an elusive deleted comment... makes me forget completely what I was going to say in MY comment... lol

mielikki said...

Maybe its the same person that called me at the ass crack of dawn. . .hee hee

Bubblewench said...

HA HA got you both. It was ME! For some reason my comment posted twice so I deleted one just to see how it looked... mwhaaahahaha

CamiKaos said...

BW you so crazy