BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, March 29, 2007

damn kitty. . . an update

I almost forgot. An update for those of you who were rooting for that small kitten I gave away.
She is doing great! In true calico fashion, she has charmed my friends into almost hypnosis like love for her. She was going to be an outside cat. When P came to work today, she was snuggled on the bed, in the master bedroom. LOL. They named her Allspice, because of her coloring, and call her 'spice' or 'spicy' depending on the mood of said Calico. The kind of cool, but ultimately sad thing, is that P's husband was diagnosed recently with a very bad cancer. And I heard, that he now only has been given months at best. I am glad he has a little sweet friend to share his last moments with, and P will have the comfort of a warm body to hold. Pets can be very sensitive to mood and need. When I was crying the other night, all of my cats gravitated into my direction. I don't care what people say, they are not stand offish, fiercely independant creatures. I think people say that because they cannot get the approval and love of the allmighty cat. Those of us that have earned that priviledge are grateful

4 comments:

CamiKaos said...

my cats are rude and stand offish to most who don't live here but at night they curl up with K in her bed because she doesn't like to be alone. If one of is is sick they will spend the day nestled in the blankets and god forbid someone should cry you couldn't get rid of them with a spray bottle.

Hooray for that kitty.

Mimi said...

Oh, we have a calico.

I'm so sorry to hear about P's husband. Be assured of my prayers.

mielikki said...

thanks. He's a nice man, and I have to say, they are dealing strongly.

Bubblewench said...

I'm sorry to hear about your friends husband. They do say pets help people in those situations though.

If I am crying, my one cat, Mo Mo, will come up to me and put her paw on my face, I always felt she was trying to wipe the tears away. Other then that, she is not affectionate and god forbid you try to pet her, she's gone.... The rest of the cats won't leave you alone no matter what so crying is no different to them.