BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, August 20, 2007

a new game

The click clickety of Pirates is slowly loosing it's maritime fun for me, as well. (Sybil is having the same problem. . .)
One of the things that has drawn me away, though, is this.
Its called the Kingdom of Loathing. I love the name.

I got this game from a Respiratory Therapist over at my medical blog who seems to have the same kind of twisted sense of humor I do. I've been laughing at it ever since.
You get to make yourself a character. I am a "Turtle Tamer". You can be a seal clubber from the northern climbs, a Pastamancer, and some other wierd things.

I have found myself "fighting" drunken half orc's, goblins, possessed can's of tomatoes, elbow macaroni, a pool table, and some bunnies. Just to name a few.

My one complaint about this game is that you have a set number of "adventures" you can go on a day. Then, your done. But, that could be a good thing, really. You don't end up sitting there for hours and hours with it. But, there are ways to get more adventures given to you daily. I just haven't figured it out yet.

6 comments:

CamiKaos said...

you're departure from Pirates? That is why I was bombed by you then? Cause you aren't playing it anymore?


Is that it?

hhaaa

I will check this game out sometime soon.

PS: see you in a few days, how many postcards do we get to write?

mielikki said...

so far we are at 4 drunken postcards. . .
more if we send drunken postcards to various members of our family.

CamiKaos said...

Oh we'll have to make some family exceptions.

sybil law said...

Haha
I will have to check that game out! Right now, though, I am done with all things computer related. I nearly took a knife to the scanner.

mielikki said...

Syb: Scanners make glorious flying objects. . .

Bubblewench said...

oh me and my lack of time on line these days! I bookmarked it. By the time I get to play it, you'll all be on to a new game. I just can't keep up.