BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, August 31, 2007

I win the freaky neighbor award

I proclaim myself the winner. And this is why.

The other night, when MM was here, for the slumber party, I left the room for a moment, and when I came back he asked me "does your neighbor below ever call your name, for any reason?"
No, I answered, because she never has. She is loud, and I was thinking he'd misheard something. I didn't think too much about it.
Yesterday evening, when I left for work, she was coming home. She's all smiles, and tells me she has a new boyfriend, and she has seen MM, and knows I have one, too. Then she asks "do you hear us?"
To which I answered, quite honestly "yes, until I put my iPod on. (thank God for my iPod). "Oh, sorry" she says, trying to act embarrased. But then she says "so then did you hear me call your name out the other night?"
And I say "no, but MM did. I thought he misheard you." About this time, my mind bounced back to last year, when I was dating the "villiage drunk", J. I did not get intimate with J, (I am so glad), but she had told me once, if J. and I ever did get intimate, that I should holler out her name. I had mentally blocked this request, until last night. Then it all came back to me in a horrible flashback, and I muttered something, jumped into my car, and ran away, grateful to be going to work.
I am so freaked. EEEW
And her new boyfriend?
lives with my other neighbor, 2 doors down. The one that's drunk all the time. (the neighbor, not her new boyfriend). I thought he was married to the drunk lady.
This is Peyton Place, I swear it is.
If any of you can top that with your neighbors, maybe I will give up the freaky neighbor award. But I think I've got it in the bag, for now.

7 comments:

Bubblewench said...

Can CK make you a freaky neighbor award? You TOTALLY have it..

CamiKaos said...

bwahahahaaaaa

mielikki said...

I would proudly display the 'freaky neighbor' award. But CK has her hands busy this week, and probably next.
Its enough for me to just KNOW I have it.

Moonbeam said...

I think you take the freaky neighbor award hands down.

I am smiling here thinking of what your neighbors guy must think when she yells out a girls name while being "intimate". Kinda a mood breaker maybe, or at that point maybe it doesnt matter.

sybil law said...

My neighbors are mostly crackheads. Well, the other side of the street. It really is. Once, my antenna went missing off my car. Turns out, crackheads steal them. The neighbors next to us like to wake and bake because I smell it after dropping off Gilda - they're right out in the backyard. Then my other neighbors (also known as Daryl - ha - joke - yeah, I'm buzzed) are totally geeky looking but one plays in a thrash metal band and the other is dating a big, bootylicious girl. Actually, they seem pretty cool. They probably think I am a freak, though- for recycling, or some such substandard shit. :)

mielikki said...

moonbeam-
that's what I was thinking, too, and MM thought the exact same thing.
Syb- you can come be my neighbor anytime if recycling is the strangest thing you do. . .

Celtic Rose said...

EEEWWWW, your freaky neighbor use to hit on my sister when she lived there, ew, ew, ew. You need to seriously think about moving . . . .