BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, August 17, 2007

CamiKaos questions, take 2

Alrighty.
The 5 question interview me Meme is floating around, again. It landed in CK's lap, and, being as one never knows what's going to happen when you give CamiKaos the power to ask of you any 5 questions, I, once again, told her "interview me". So here it is. . .

1. Does what happens in the cat free zone stay in the cat free zone???

Ahem. Yes. It does. It should. Unless one of the cat's get in. If they were to see what happens the whole world would know, because my cat's are the worst of gossipers. When people are in the cat free zone, they are at the door, listening, and trying to trip people when they leave the cat free zone on a hall pass.

2.You like to cook yet you have said before that you don't necessarily get your culinary skills from "Aunt Tuna". Where did you get the itch to start cooking well?

My Mom worked an hour away from home as I was growing up, and came home tired enough to not want to cook dinner for three starving kids. My sisters were capable of it, (she thought) so they did. If I didn't like what they wanted, it was too bad. So, out of sheer survival instincts, I started messing around in the kitchen. At times, it was disastrous. Inedible. But, I love reading, and quickly figured out that cookbooks might be the way to go.I actually read tons of them. Then, I started changing recipe's into things that sounded more appealing to me. Eventually, I took a cooking class in high school, and learned a few things there, as well. Of course, on the weekends, when Mom did cook, I was subjected to Taco Casserole, or whatever meat she chose to torture with onion soup mix, or cream of mushroom soup (gag) or BOTH. But, in her defense. I will say, that my Mom, (Aunt Tuna) can rock the fried chicken, and the chicken and noodles. (She even makes the noodles from scratch).

3. My daughter is having a huge meltdown right now because I asked her to wash her hands. . . Are you sure you want to come and spend 4 days with me?

Yes, absolutely. It will be novel for me to see a girl meltdown, if she has one. I have seen nothing but little boy meltdowns for the past 7 years, thanks to my lovely nephews. Plus. . . I don't think I've actually seen you in person since the early 1990's? So, yeah. I coming. Girly meltdowns don't scare me.

4. What's THE drink to get "in the mood"?
Huh, me? Or him ;). And in the mood for what? Huh?
Seriously. I discovered, about 4 years ago, I think, that Malbec really makes me dreamy and amorous, for some reason. My boyfriend at the time and I were sharing a bottle, and I just, well, felt those special feelings start to wash over me. Of course, since he was the Villiage Idiot, and was cheating on me, (and told me he'd given up sex for lent the asshat)he could do nothing for me. We broke up VERY shortly afterword. (I knew what he was up to, and finally tossed his arse out!).
But Malbec. Gets me EVERY time. And yes, I have a few bottles gracing my wine rack. No other wine has affected me that way. And, the maker doesn't matter, as long as it's good Malbec. Yum.

5. If there is one thing you will never eat, what is it and why?
Balut. I will NEVER EVER EAT BALUT.
** anyone who is squeamish should look away now**
Balut is a Phillipine specialty. They age a fertilized duck egg until the embryo is almost a hatching baby duck, then they boil the poor thing, and eat it! I saw this, in person, when I was in the Navy. They were doing it with chicken eggs, too. And it SMELLS TO HIGH HEAVEN. I really don't think I need to explain why I'd never ever in a million years, even if I was starving, eat this, do I? Really, do I? Just, eeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwww. And the poor duck. Or chick. God I want to retch even thinking about it.

Phew. Okay. I'm ok.
Here are the rules, if you'd like for me to dream up 5 different questions for you.
1. Leave me a comment saying "Interview Me". ( perfect strangers to me are welcome, as well.)
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with a post containing your answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

5 comments:

CamiKaos said...

that was FUN!

Bubblewench said...

I've always said you can learn how to cook if you can read... I did exactly what you did.

Ah, the K meltdown..... oh it's a joy. You'll just end up laughing.

Malbec? Must try some. Being the wine-o I am I can't believe I have not.

Glad I never heard of or have seen and can now delete it from my head, Balut.

Guess I'm next. Oh bring it on.

sybil law said...

I cannot believe there is a real dish like that. My kid is so confused about how we eat the same eggs that chicks come from, and she's always scared one day a chick will be in thre when we crack them. Now I'll have to tell her about that! Haha - no - I won't. But ewwww. And Malbec? WTF? How have I never heard of that, either?
Good answers!

mielikki said...

Malbec is the best thing EVER. The one I get is usually from Argentina.
Cabernet Franc also kind of gives me the tingles. But not as well as Malbec.
And for the love of God, Sybil. Do not go telling your child about Balut. She'd never eat eggs again. I actually stopped eating them for a long while after I saw it, myself. And I'm a grown up.

David in DC said...

Interview me please