BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, February 2, 2009

weekend wrap up

So it's Monday, and it seems to have been a very interesting weekend here on my little blog.
First, I want to say that I went and looked at the website that Kolekona suggested, and I have to tell you MM and I were both rather impressed at the proposal on it. For those of you who didn't go, the link is still in my comments, but what I surmised is this:
For those who choose to be donors, there are "perks" offered, not money, which would be like selling an organ, but things like credits towards health insurance, and education. That, to me, is smart. AND, to continue to receive these perks, the potential donor needs to maintain their healthy status, with routine MD visits. This encourages people to be proactive about their health. I can fully support that. AND this program does not decide who, if anyone, gets the organs first. Organ's are distributed the way they are, NOW, based on the NEED. That is the important thing.
AND, another important comment was made, about the fear that some may have about people who are potential donors not receiving as aggressive of treatment because they are donors. That, they are let go a little sooner. Let me reassure any of you who think that might be the case. Most of the time, we don't even KNOW someone's donor status until after they have been declared brain dead, or dead. And if we do know? It doesn't matter. Because that person is someone's loved one, a mother, a sister, a brother, a father. A friend. Never in any hospital have I worked at have I ever thought that we didn't fight hard enough to save someone, because they are a donor.
Bottom line though, all I really wanted to do with my Thursday 13 was encourage people to donate their organs. We are dreadfully short.
Alright. Enough donor talk.
How about those Steelers?
The Super bowl was really good this year, a real nail biter. Just the kind of game that I like. The 3D commercial was a let down, but other than that, I thought it was great! It would have been better had I been more rested (worked the night before) but still.
Go Steelers.
alright I am brain dead and have millions of things to do, happy Monday everyone

3 comments:

Daryl said...

I managed to nap through most of the game .. and then there was the half time show in our apartment wherein Husband tried to adjust the size of the picture on the Fcuking huge TV and ended up - surprise - messing something up ... I suggested he call the TV hotline and have them talk him through the fix .. I wish there was a default button on HIM ...

Anonymous said...

Go Steelers!

Quite a bit of drama on your blog. I'm glad you wrote about the topic. It's important and people need to learn more about it.

Bubblewench said...

I just totally caught up here.... Happy Monday to you too!