BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thursday Thirteen

This week, I tortured my brain to pick thirteen historical things I'd have liked to have been a fly on the wall for....

1. The creation of Penicillin. I would love to have seen the bread he grew it on...

2. Orville and Wilbur Wrights first flight. I bet the look of astonishment, and fear on their faces was priceless.

3. The discovery of Chocolate. Who decided that? They deserve a medal.

4. The head chop of Anne Boleyn. Call me morbid. And curious. I want to see if she was all she was cracked up to be.

5. The Emancipation Proclimation. It would be awesome to see live and in person

6. Constantinople, back in the "day". The harems, the bazaars, the people, and all the odd things that supposedly existed there. But only for a short while.

7. I'd love to have tea with Nostradamus.

8. The first photograph. What inspired it? I wanna know

9. The completion of the Great Wall of China. What a feeling....

10. Napoleon and Josephine. I bet he melted like butter in her hands.

11. Watch Da Vinci paint the Mona Lisa. Then I'd know who the hell she was, and I would tell him to paint it bigger so that people in the crowded Louvre could see it better!

12. The first climbing of Everest.

13. And who is the genius who first decided to ride a horse, and how long did it take them? Seriously....

Alrighty. Thats my weekly thirteen. For more, go here. Ah dang it this computer won't let me link! Go to http://www.thursday-13.com.
I will link properly at home. Sigh.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to hear some the great speaches originally performed - I often wonder what they sounded like and maybe see some of Speakspeare's play performed during his (or her?) life time.

Anonymous said...

A head chop, chocolate & tea with Nostradamus - very cool!

Awesome list. :)

Happy TT!

My expressions LIVE said...

Awsome list sweety....xooxox

Daryl said...

And I want to know HOW the person who miniaturized the first chip that ran a digital watch ... how did they know to do that?

sybil law said...

Mmmmm... moldy bread....

Karen said...

Great list... very thought provoking.

kandyblossom said...

Nice list. Makes you think.

Happy TT!

MM said...

Oh these are great, I would love to have been in Washington during MLK's I have a dream speech.

Mary said...

I love the idea of seeing those historical moments, but then I realize that most of those happened before the invention of indoor plumbing, and I'm glad I'm living in this era.

Great List!

Anonymous said...

Fun list!
Happy TT!
13 Thorne-Quirks

holly said...

these are awesome! now i'm going to invent a time machine for you. then you can tell me. wait, i'll make it two seater, then i can come with!

Anonymous said...

That's a very interesting selection. I'd definitely like to join you for some of those.

Eaton Bennett aka Berenice Albrecht said...

Well now, I am very curious about those Boleyn girls...not sure about a head chopping though, Eeeew! Great list, very creative!
Happy TT! :)

Jacquie said...

I would totally agree! There are so many things I would want to see and hear and do!