BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thursday 13

13 things I've learned about dogs since we adopted the three nutbuckets

1. Cat poo (aka 'almond roca') is irresistible to some of them.
2. They seem to have no short term memory
3. Shock collars, while good at teaching them NOT to bark, have many other drawbacks
4. Puppy farts can be LETHAL
5. Puppies are flexible, kind of like toddlers are
6. Young puppies lose teeth, too ( our tooth fairy involved bones to chew)
7. Many dogs end up with names related to food
8. Dogs are more forgiving than cats
9. Their healthcare costs about as much as ours does, sometimes more
10. Bathing a puppy is asking for trouble
11. Dogs are always happy to see you.
12. Dogs will take their antibiotics on frito's, with peanut butter
13. Getting 3 at once qualifies us for the catagory of STARK RAVING MAD


oh, and I found the original hub for the Thursday 13 hub here. I enjoyed it

12 comments:

Joyce said...

I enjoyed your post about dogs. We have always had a dog, and have noticed many of the things that you mention. :)

Julia said...

Hm,I see, this must a lot of work. Maybe that's why I've always had cats. Somehow easier to handle, you don't have to train them.

Happy TT and greets
Julia

sybil law said...

I second the stark, raving MAD part!
Haha
But they sure are cute, and life sure isn't boring!!!

Daryl said...

What a yawn life would be without four legged friends ...


:-Daryl

Always Been Different said...

Happy TT!

CamiKaos said...

"4. Puppy farts can be LETHAL" yes they are especially when they eat cat shit, fritos and peanut butter...

mielikki said...

Cami- the one that eats the almond roca isn't the one getting peanut butter fritos. And the damn abx. capsule is so big I have to get it down her, somehow.
ABD thanks, and right back atcha
Daryl yes I would be so bored without my furries.
Syb. They are worth it. Most of the time.
Julia- thanks for dropping by. I've had cats, too up until this point
Joyce- it's so good to know I am not alone...

KarinWithAnI said...

Wow, three at once!?! That IS crazy! We have two little old dogs and one 60 pound puppy who keeps us running like crazy! Good luck with your little herd, they are so much fun!

Happy TT!

Cath said...

Hey Mielikki! I found you with Black Box!

Great 13. And you are stark raving mad!!!

holly said...

oh yeah, the madness. agreeing with the madness. loves me some puppies. two or fewer.

Bubblewench said...

Oh this is a good one! Yeah, you are all nuts with 3 dogs!

I'll stick to my kitties.

Jo Beaufoix said...

Ahhhh, and they're so cute.. My old dog like a bit of cat poo. Grim aren't they? Hee hee.