BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, September 8, 2008

it's all a blur...

The weekend started out all crazy and stuff. Friday found MM and I working like fiends to finish stuff we had outside. One of my good friends from nursing school whom I still keep in touch with started calling me friday afternoon. They were in town, and had no evening plans, and fresh veggies she needed to bring over. So I did what anyone would do, and invited them to eat with us friday night. So we started the party friday night.
Saturday rolled around, and we found ourselves still busy. Mustang Girl's BFF showed up, and helped to decorate a few things. MM and I stepped out to park a few of our cars in another location, and get a balloon to tie to the sign post. At the balloon place they had this big, Mylar, tiki balloon. I had to have it. So we got it, and tied it the 7 Rum death punch we made. (Thanks Cami! The Mango rum was a really nice touch to it, btw). I would have posted a picture of it, but one of my sisters kid's "liberated" tiki man before I could....
People started coming, and handing me things. Cards, bottles of wine, a Peace Lily that is damn near taking over the house already..... and food. There was lot's of food.
And lots of Rum
Teenagers showed up, and lurked by the front gate. My parents got lost on the way here (standard for them)
little kids ran amock, with dogs. I let the dogs loose because my grandmother was, sadly, unable to come. Its all good. They were good dogs.
Most of the neighbors came. One brought a really kick ass apple crisp, gave me the dish it was in, and the recipe. The dogs were without bark collars, and being very good. A good time was had.
Funnily enough, at one point, I walked into the house, and there were like 6 people standing in my bathroom. Talking. Audrey, my 22 pound black cat, was lying in the bath tub, and she was the center of their attention. Every one that came to see the house got into the bathroom. To see Audrey. We should have just put the rum in there with her.....
In the end, a good time was had. The last hard core stragglers left somewhere around 11 pm. The kitchen looked like Armageddon, and I just didn't care. We dealt with the mess as a team the next day, and it didn't really take that long to clean up. Below, are a few pictures....







7 comments:

Bubblewench said...

Glad a good time was had by all.. wahts with the hands?

sybil law said...

Wooohooooooo!!!!!
Looks like a good time!

mielikki said...

bw- one of the small boys wanted, nay, INSISTED that I take a picture of his hands. So I did. When he is a grown man, I will frame them and give them to his wife.

Daryl said...

Good time .. and shame on you for not taking a photo of the tiki balloon for Bubblewench!

:-Daryl

Mimi said...

Awesome.

CamiKaos said...

need to restock my rum supply

glad it was a good warming.

xoxo

Jo Beaufoix said...

Sounds fantastic. I want pictures of that cat in the bath.