BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I love Fall

Leaves

by anonymous (at least as far as I could find)

How silently they tumble down
And come to rest upon the ground
To lay a carpet, rich and rare,
Beneath the trees without a care,
Content to sleep, their work well done,
Colors gleaming in the sun.
At other times, they wildly fly
Until they nearly reach the sky.
Twisting, turning through the air
Till all the trees stand stark and bare.
Exhausted, drop to earth below
To wait, like children, for the snow.

3 comments:

Daryl said...

Pretty ... I like this time of year .. its second only to spring which I totally am in love with

:-Daryl

sybil law said...

Fall is definitely my favorite season.
I've seen that poem before! This one is more morose... kinda -

Fall, leaves, fall; die, flowers, away;
Lengthen night and shorten day;
Every leaf speaks bliss to me
Fluttering from the autumn tree.

I shall smile when wreaths of snow
Blossom where the rose should grow;
I shall sing when night's decay
Ushers in a drearier day.

sybil law said...

Um, that was Emily Bronte.