BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Terrible Twos


As you all may or may not know, this is Mielikki's 2nd Blogbirfday, and I, Sybil Law, was crazy/ tipsy enough to volunteer am honored to be the first guest poster of the week. However, I quickly realized how insane delighted I was to be the one to start off the guest posting. I mean, this deserves a big send off, does it not?! I thought of champagne ship launches, but that always makes me think of the Titanic, which is obviously not what you want to associate with celebrations, so I tossed that idea aside. Then I thought of delving into the whole Mielikki name thing, but the whole 10 minutes I spent delving into Dungeons and Dragons/ Finnish/ Celtic/ Nerdom/ Geekdom HELL made my head hurt and I ran kicking and screaming, Kool - Aid man style soon realized that was better suited for a Friday Mieography (have fun with THAT sucka Zerilda!). So finally I realized I was missing the easy way out it dawned on me that this is all about the actual birthday, and this here blog is turning 2 - this week!! So I lamely proudly present you with this:
The Terrible Twos...

  • Toddlers have tantrums. Lots of them (that is, if their parents suck hardcore and don't nip that shit in the bud). Mie is now entitled to at least 5 tantrums this year. Blame yourselves for encouraging her if you don't like it. Personally, I love watching tantrums - in reading form.
  • Toddlers have accidents. I think this might be more a problem for Mustang Man and Mustang Girl. Thank Bob.
  • Toddlers like to put things in their mouth. Again - more of a bonus problem for MM. Unless it's Mie's foot in her mouth, in which case, shouldn't happen because she's quite well thought out and thoughtful. Still - being a toddler, she's entitled to it.
  • Toddlers do not like to share. It's all "Mine, mine mine!!!", or, "Me, me, me!!" - or, in this case, "Mie, mie, mie!" - I say, have at it with some selfishness, Mie! (Although, she's sharing her birthday week with guest posters, so it goes to show how she's caring and sharing. Next week - back to all Mie, all the time. She's allowed. It goes with the growth.)
  • Toddlers do not talk well. I would personally like to see some video of this. Just have MM take Mie out, liquor her up real good, and make her talk. Otherwise, she talks quite well, but where's the fun in that for us?!

All in all, I think we can safely say that Mie is growing up quite nicely with some firm spankings and right before our very eyes! I thank her for this pressure opportunity this week. Please enjoy the rest of the fabulous guest posters she has lined up for your viewing/ reading pleasure!
Oh! And in case you're wondering:

Best gifts for a 2 year old:
Does it even matter? Like we've all witnessed, time and time again with kids, an empty box will be fine.
Or diamonds.

Happy 2nd Birthday, Mielikki!!!!

8 comments:

MM said...

I wish I would have seen this before Saturday, She was nice and toasty or is it toasted on Saturday night. Funny thing is, she's just as well spoken and thought provoking drunk, as she is sober. So no video evidence would be worth it. :) Happy 2nd Blog-day

Anonymous said...

Happy second birthday!

Enjoy your tantrums.

CDB said...

This is a GREAT first guest post. WAY better than mine. And I love that MM had a comment (:

happy Terrible Twos !

Daryl said...

What a great kick off post .. whooo hooo .. and Zerilda (I LOVE saying that name) is the clean up crew .. ahhh .. nicely done Sybs!

delmer said...

Congrats on the blog turning two, Mielikki. (And on snagging Sybil as a guest poster.)

(My oldest went into the terrible twos late -- he was almost three. He made up for his lateness by being extra terrible for a while. What I'm saying is that I think you can stretch your tantrum-throwing out for a bit more than 12 months. Check with Ms. Law on that.)

david mcmahon said...

Happy Blogbirfday, all the way from Australia.

whall said...

Mie mie mie mie mie mie
is this thing on?

Happy blogiversary.

Bubblewench said...

Happy late 2nd! Sybil really did you well!