BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Holly asked me questions...

essentially because I dared her to. Yes, the interview Meme is working it's way around, so far it has tainted Daryl and of course Holly. The rules are posted at the end of this, anyone wanting me to pick five questions for them, let me know.

Alrighty, on with the show.

1. what are your plans for reducing the deficit? you have a flair for writing engaging stories. when and how did this begin?
Reducing the deficit? I am having trouble reducing our HOUSEHOLD deficit.
ahem.
I have always told stories, even when I was a small child I'd make things up. Some call it fabrication, some call it imagination....
The first thing I actually remember creating was this little tune I'd sing every time we drove over a bridge. It started out with me chanting "We're gonna fall......aaaaaaaaaaaah! and then I would go off on many variable tangents of how the family would die, falling off the bridge. Charming, no?
As far as stories, I am pretty sure I blogged one of my first short stories. The balloon one. Let me see if I can find it...ah here

2. the mieographies are always very enjoyable. what made you decide to them? who has been your favourite? The mieographies started, in their round about way, when I saw a tv biography of Clara Bow, and it was very interesting. I blogged about it, and it kind of snowballed from there, slowly. I think that young women do not really get empowered enough. No one points out good, really strong women. Whether they are good, or bad. We are supposed to learn from our history, but we have to know it, to learn it. My favorites are the ones I knew nothing about, like this lady, or this one. But my absolute favorite is, of course, this one, and she just keeps getting better and better....

3. why on earth did you buy a quesadilla maker? why can't you use the microwave like us normal people? (wink, wink). Okay here is the story of the Quesadilla maker.
We decided to play 'steal a gift' this Christmas. I wanted to take a present that would appeal to certain members of my family who are harder to buy for, (*cough, brother in law *cough). They like their quesadilla's at that house. But his are always fried and too gooey and greasy. I figured he'd be intrigued by the thing. The more I looked at it, the more I liked the idea of it. Then, when we went to family Christmas, we *forgot* to bring it. Seriously. So I put what it was in an envelope, and people had to just steal the envelope. To my surprise, quite a few family members wanted the darn thing. My oldest sister ended up with it, but by the time we got home, I decided possession was 9/10ths of the law, and we tried it out, and it is very quick and handy. So I kept it. And older sister now has a bright shiny new one. Mine is better, though :)

4. tickle me ernie, tickle me bert, and tickle me elmo have a bit of a disagreement. who wins, and how?
I gotta go with bert, he wins by head butting the others with his gargantuan melon. Plus, as you have well documented, he is eeeevillll.
Plus, Ernie has not caused any trouble at my sisters, and Mustang Girl killed Elmo a long time ago...

5. does my bum look big in this? i have recently 'bumped' my yaris with another car. i think we got our new cars roughly the same time. is roxie still ding-free? has she had any near-misses?
Your bum looks entirely tiny. If you hadn't brought it up, I'd have never even noticed it.
Roxie is great. She has near misses every day, from the idiot dogs playing Queen of the mountain on her hood, but I am going to get a taser and STOP that behavior.
We've had a few near misses though. Some asshat texting crossed a double yellow into our lane a few months ago, going quite fast and missed us by mere scant inches. MM and I were both VERY displeased. And last night, as I was going to work, some kid in a silver sports car came flying towards my back end easily going 70 on a road that has been iced over for the last few weeks. I've not found a scratch yet, but I am sure that it will inevitably happen. Poor Roxie.....
Alrighty. That was fun. Now for the rules...


1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. (I get to pick the
questions).
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview
someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask
them five questions.

6 comments:

Jamie said...

Interview me.

Mary said...

Very cool. I love the fact that the questions are completely personalized for you!

Bubblewench said...

Fun!! Good answers. I like the Bridge song..

Daryl said...

Oh I like the bridge song and I think a casa-de-a machina is an awesome prezzie

holly said...

i completely love the bridge bit. i wish i'd known that, the subquestion would be 'how would i die?'

shshsh. secretly i want a quesadilla maker. but the electricity to run it would probably not be something h-dude would like to pay for. that's why we don't have a bread maker, either.

i also love that you answered my crossed-out questions. lol.

nice one, mie!

i will put a link on my site.

sybil law said...

Oh nice! Death and quesadillas!! :D