BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, February 18, 2008

return of the night owl?

Well, it had to happen. Right?
Tonight I go back to work.


How do I feel about it?
I really don't know. My feeling about it kind of goes back and forth, like a see saw.
I can honestly say, there are times, over the last few months, that I have missed work. I do like my job. I am good at my job. There are times when I make a difference in the life I am taking care of that day in the ICU. It is important to me that I am stable, and can support myself doing something that makes me happy. Many of you will recall, that first week I didn't work, when the MD was telling me that I COULDN'T do my job, I was panicked, a bit. Unhappy, and worried. Then they told me about how long it would take for my strength to come back, and I became more worried.
I've had three months off though. Granted, during that 3 months, parts of it were no fun at all. I couldn't use my right hand for a good portion of it. I went under the knife, I endured Mini Mimi and her useless physical therapy methods. I spent a week with my entire hand wrapped up in a gigantic ace bandage for a week.
But I also had thanksgiving and Christmas off (unheard of in the nursing world), I got to stay home through all the snow that fell, and go play in it, I got to spend lots of time with MM, without being sleepy from having worked the night before, I've also spent lots of good times with his daughter, her sister, and other assorted fun people. I have no complaints.
But it's time for Cinderella to put her nursing shoes back on, and get back to it. And I am ready.
My hand? Still aches at times, especially in the cold. But it moves, I can feel all my fingers, and while the strength isn't what it was, it is good enough for me to do my job (with some needed adaptations.)
So, tonight, after three months, armed with a good back of coffee, I go back to the ICU that is my second home.

11 comments:

CamiKaos said...

good luck sweetie.

Daryl said...

Good luck, your paw may be weak but you've got such a big heart and lots of friends pulling for you .. lean on us!

DaddyKaos said...

Hope you have a good night.

holly said...

oh i'll be thinkin' of ya!

Lia Hollander said...

Have a great time!

Marcus said...

Have fun, hope its a great night for ya.

Bubblewench said...

Best of luck. Any news on the day shift?

mielikki said...

no joy on the day shift. The nurse that was leaving didn't leave. Oh well, it will happen when it is meant to happen.

Lori said...

Good luck! I can imagine that it'll be hard to get back in the swing of things. But, I'm sure the patients will be happy to have you back!

sybil law said...

I'll bet everyone else will be thrilled that you're back, though!
Hope your day is going well.
xo

My Own Woman said...

Welcome back to reality.... it kind of sucks doesn't it? Hope you are all better soon and things don't ache anymore.