BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Name That Movie

I've seen this in a few other blogs floating around the blogsphere, and decided it would be fun to do. So, here are some movies that I like, or rather, quotes from them. How many do you know?



1. "With enough courage, you can do without a reputation."

2. "You know that feeling you get when you get out of a warm bath... well... you make me feel like a bath?"

3. "It's not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire."

4. "Get out of my way, son, you're usin' my oxygen"

5. "The city has fallen silent. There is no warmth left in the sun."

6. "You mock my pain."
"Life is pain, highness, anyone who says differently is selling something"

7. "This place has a sign hanging over the urinal that says "Don't eat the big white mint."

8. "Don't be upset. It was a mercy killing. He had a certain naive charm, but no muscle"

9. "I have rid England of her enemies. What do I do, now? Am I to be made of stone? Must I be touched by nothing?"

10. "It's like my Mom says, the weak are always trying to sabotage the strong"

11. "Maybe you can find yourself a nice antique chair to die in."

12. "Oh, this is your wife, huh? A lovely lady. Hey baby, you must have been something before electricity."

13. "How an elephant got in my pajamas, I'll never know."

15 comments:

CamiKaos said...

are we supposed to tell you the answers here?

mielikki said...

sure!

Mimi said...

I definitely know 6 is Princess Bride.

I *think* three is Office Space

holly said...

oooooh. this is too fun. i wish my brain were warmed up, i'd be able to get a couple. got the princess bride one. that is such a great movie and book.

Marcus said...

Hmmm, should I guess them all? I don't want to ruin it for everyone...

mielikki said...

marcus- if you know them all, go for it
holly my brain is not warm, either. But I love the Princess Bride, book and movie, both.
Mimi- you think, or you know? :)

stephanie said...

#9 is Elizabeth, I believe; I adore that movie.

And #13 - Animal Crackers? Thinking Groucho Marx...

#12 seems familiar, I'll let it stir around in my brain...

KiKi said...

Don't know the answer to any of them... but wanted to pop by and say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Marcus said...

1 gone with the wind
2 empire records
3 office space
4 one flew over the cuckoo's nest
5 return of the king
6 princess bride
7 road house
8 rocky horror picture show
9 elizabeth
10 election (that one took me a bit)
11 (ok, I can't place this one)
12 caddyshack
13 a groucho marx quote i don't remember where from though...

Ok, I got most of them...

mielikki said...

11 is from Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind

13 is actually from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

I feel like I should give Marcus some sort of prize, thats awesome. So, Marcus, you can, at your leisure pick a blog topic, and I will write about it....

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing Ferris Bueller's Day Off for all of them. I'm bound to get one of them right.

~Jef

Mimi said...

Just think, I've only seen part of it once.

Bubblewench said...

I'm feelin dumb. I only knew for sure what 3 & 12 were and I've seen ALL those movies!!

sybil law said...

I AM ALWAYS LATE TO THE PARTY!
Damn.
Good idea!
I knew a lot of them, too, dammit!
WAH.
Weird that I was just talking about Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, too!
My favorite was the Caddyshack quote. :P

sybil law said...

Oh and that is a Groucho Marx quote, too!