BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Queen Meme Tuesday


The Facebook Meme (aka The FaceTwit Meme)
It's a little longer than usual but I just couldn't stop in 140 words or less. Sorry.

1. Facebook has now surpassed Google in number of users and traffic.
How much time do you spend on Facebook? If not FB, do you use Twitter? I Facebook, and try to spend as little time as I can get away with on there, but, sometimes... I deleted my Twitter account a long time ago, though

2. What is Farmville? I do not understand why people are asking me for margarine. I REFUSE to get trapped into Farmville, so I am clueless


3. Do you war in the Mafia Wars? I do not understand why people are asking me for cows. Again, the answer to this is NO. I am not gonna play this game,either

4. What is Cafe World? I do not understand why people are asking me for bullets! Nope. Three strikes and I'm out!

5. Are you being bombarded with these "See Who Has Been Looking At your Profile - See Who Your Peeps Are?"application request lately?
I don't understand why people are asking me for my photograph and that of my dogs. I feel like I am failing this Meme, because I don't do this either...

6. Which FB or Twitter applications, tags or gifts irritate you the most and why?That is easily Farmville. I've been pestered with it for months, despite my repeated status updates stating that I will not, nor will I ever, have a farm...

7. Every morning I am faced with the question at the top of my Facebook profile page, "What's On Your Mind?" Now Mr. Online Mailman wants to know the same thing. Does the whole world need to know what I'm thinking at every moment? I can't write that in a public place ya know. But if you had to answer that question honestly at 9:00 am each morning, what would you say? Easy. SLEEP is on my mind. If I have worked the night before, I am really sleepy. If not, odds are I just got up and am looking for any excuse to go BACK to my bed.

8. Do you know how you became friends and followers with everyone in your list on Facebook and Twitter? Honestly? Yes. There are some, though, that I *barely* remember from high school. I think they were just looking for a Farmville buddy... mwaa haa haa

9. Have you ever been deceived online by someone you thought was someone else? How did you know? Been lucky enough not to have fallen into this one, because I am suspicious of everyone :)


10. Do you enjoy chatting via Yahoo Messenger or AOL the old-fashioned way? If so, who do you chat with most online? Each morning, MM and chat on MSN messenger before I go to bed (after I've worked). It's a nice way to kind of wind down, and reconnect, talk about things. I occasionally end up chatting with family on the FB chat thing.

11. Have you ever been contacted on Facebook or via email under false pretenses, for dubious purposes, or by meddling nosy people in general? I wouldn't call her dubious, but this one lady tried to "friend" me, thinking I was from her Aerobics class in Florida....


12. Think about it. We are all flitting around making bird noises on the internet. What would the PETA people say?! Can you think of a more suitable animal mascot for Twitter? What kind of sound would we make? How about a Narwhal, and we could all make whale noises?


13. What kind of new cool innovative application would you like to see on Facebook or Twitter? What would you call it? Plain and simple. I'd like a dislike button on Facebook. And an 'extreme dislike' button that involved a hand reaching out of the computer and slapping someone!

14. Have you ever had to block someone from Facebook or Twitter? Um... I've blocked certain people that don't do anything but the annoying applications.... but they don't realize I've blocked them, because basically I just hid their stuff... (shhhh!)

15. Do you allow your real life friends to communicate with you there or do you prefer to be incognito to the universe at large? My 'real life' friends are all over there, and I would not be opposed to my online friends finding me on FB, a few of them have. Strangely enough, most of my 'real life' friends don't read my blog.... I bore them live and in person, I guess


16. Do you belong to any CAUSES on Facebook or Twitter? If so, what makes you passionate about them and why did you join? I belong to the cancer causes, and the veterans causes, because I am affected by both of those things.

17. Do you know what a Twibe is? Not a flipping clue.

18. Have you ever rage twitted? Tell me! Nope, failing once again

19. I find that more and more people are reading my blogs on Facebook and commenting there. Do you share your blog posts on Facebook? Do you find that it helps or hinders your blog traffic? I don't put my blog on FB, the people that really want to read it know where to find it. I am not worried about blog traffic, I guess...

20. Wanna be my friend on FB? I have nearly 800 now. At least I'd recognize you!
Don't you be foolin' me now. There's always the dreaded dungeon.
I wonder if there's an app for that. Hmmmm......If I friend you do I get out of the dungeon? Mwaa haa haa. Are you sure you'd recognize me?

For more fun, go here

5 comments:

Mouse said...

Looks like we have several answers the same this week. Hope you're having a great week :)

Jean-Luc Picard said...

I can see I'm not going to get you in my Mafia Wars Family!

sybil law said...

Facebook - the ultimate time suck!

Mimi Lenox said...

I like the whale!

Yes, you can may get out of the dungeon if you become my FB friend.
Promise!!!

Mimi Lenox said...

I say "can may"...sigh.
It's late. That's my excuse.