Borrowed this from Daryl, I didn't think she'd mind.
Friday, July 31, 2009
Posted by mielikki at 8:50 PM
Sonia Maria Sotomayor was born in the Bronx. Her parents, Juan and Celina, were native Puerto Ricans. They had left Puerto Rico, and met when Celina served in the Women's Army Corps. Juan had a third grade education, and did not speak english. She has one brother, Juan, who is a physician, and university professor at Syracuse.
Thursday, July 30, 2009
Posted by mielikki at 12:46 PM
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
1. If you could put thyme in a bottle, what is the first thing that you'd like to do? My Thyme is held hostage in a bottle. The first thing that I'd really like to do is grow it in my back yard so that it wasn't imprisoned anymore. Alas, my back yard is nothing but shade, so my Thyme is stuck, in a bottle...
2. Do eggs really crack or do they merely have a nervous breakdown? All the eggs 'crack up' in my house, because we are all funny, funny yolks. (I mean, uh, folks)
3. Why are you whipping the butter? What did it ever do to you? Just to clarify things, It added inches to my hips, thats what it did.
4. Do your spoons spoon in the drawer? Have you ever noticed? And more importantly, if wooden spoons spoon do they get splinters? Of course my spoons spoon. If they didn't, well the whole drawer would run amok. My wooden spoons are in a crock next to the stove, though, so they are not spooning. Is that cruel?
5. You hear: "Dumpling, my Dumpling, come hither." The candles are lit, the fondue is dipping, the Godiva is pouring, the scallions are steaming and the music is playing.....but wait, the windows are open.
Why did you close them? I would never close them. I prefer all my windows open...
6. Do you need a recipe to cook or are you a bohemian chef? Show us your reckless and wild side in the kitchen. Don't have one? Here's a recipe I made just for you: You will need a spatula, a whisk, a gallon of Chardonnay, a banana and a rump roast. What is the name of your dish? Drunken Monkey Rump.
7. After dinner, the dishes are so dirty that the dishwasher refuses to wash them.
What did they say to get in hot water? They challenged me to a dish duel, and never dreamt I'd bring the soap. HA! I showed them
8. Is your pot black? Depends on the pot you are referring to.
9. What is the sexiest spice or condiment in your cabinet? What makes it so? I'd have to say that the Cardamom is the sexiest spice I have. It is so because so few people use it, that I find it sexy when some one knows what it is, and how to use it.
10. How much crock is really in your crock pot? My pot is all crocked out right now, it was in heavy weekend rotation with a big pot of carnitas slow cooking...
Monday, July 27, 2009
Another fun weekend for us, and we had many things to do.
Posted by mielikki at 9:30 AM
Friday, July 24, 2009
Thursday, July 23, 2009
I've noticed lately, I've been skipping Thursday. Been doing this for a few reasons. I am usually working, or have worked Wednesday night, and I am tired! And I don't want to think of Thursday 13 something or another.
Posted by mielikki at 2:03 PM
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Posted by mielikki at 10:53 AM
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
1. You are a guest on the space shuttle. You just arrived on the moon and realize you forgot something back home that you can't live without. What is it and how do you convince them to go back and fetch it?
I probably forgot to bring Mustang Man with me. And it would be easy to convince them to take me back for him. I would simply bore them with the really long story of how long it took me to FIND MM in the first place. They would probably turn back around within the hour...
2. Pretend you are a teacher in a rough public school for one day. You have been assigned to teach Manners 101. You have the "challenging bad butt kids" class (remember this is a pretend school and anyway I can't say ass on my blog 'cause it's so unQueenly and I might get fined or something).
They are jumping up and down, cursing, and throwing things at you.
3. Someone in your family or a friend has started a blog. They think it is anonymous but you have figured it out. They are saying derogatory things about you. Do you tell them or do you read it for awhile?
How would you handle it?
4. If you had one dollar left in your pocket, what would you spend it on? right now? Air Condtioning.
5. President Obama and the First Lady are coming over for dinner. What do you serve? Grilled Bison burgers with cheese in the middle, mac and cheese, and corn.
6. You walk in on your lover. They are trying on your clothes. What do you do? Raise an eyebrow, snap the bra, and then ask him to take them off so we can sit and talk about what, exactly is going on.
7. Every astronaut must have shots! Choose your vaccination: You only get one and you can't enjoy any of the attributes of the other choices. You choose either: (1) The fountain of eternal youth and sexual vigor but only for 10 years (2) perfect health for a lifetime (3) eternal mind-numbing nirvana and peace of mind (4) unlimited hedonism for one year with no negative consequences.
Monday, July 20, 2009
The weekend, it was full of fun and adventure....
Posted by mielikki at 10:11 AM
Friday, July 17, 2009
Posted by mielikki at 11:11 AM
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
I do like new things. And the Queen cordially invited me to participate in her newly launched (today is the first day of it!) meme. So I went to take a peek, and the questions look pretty fun, so I am going to give it a whirl. Besides. When a Queen makes a request of me, I do my best to please her!
1. You are in court. You are in deep doo-doo. What did you do? ('Cause if you want, I might could talk to the judge and get your sentence reduced to Bloggingham dungeon time.)
2. Your blog just became a best-selling book . What is the title of your book ? "Who the hell is this woman and Why am I reading her book?"
3. It is midnight. The phone rings. It is Michael Jackson calling from the Great Beyond.
What would you like to ask him? "Hi Mike. Can I talk to Farrah?"
4. You are having your future told. The fortune teller looks in the crystal ball, screams and leaves the room in fright. What did they see? Me chasing children around the kitchen with a rolling pin.
6. You suddenly become God Of The Universe. What would your first Commandment be? PLAY NICE! Or ELSE!
Monday, July 13, 2009
I really don't like Monday's. I think I am programmed not to like them. I think most of us are, actually, from an early age, related to that whole "get out of bed and go to school" thing. It carries over into into our adult lives. Even on the days when I am not working Monday I don't really care for the day of the week.
Posted by mielikki at 9:46 AM
Friday, July 10, 2009
Hattie Ophelia Wyatt was born in Tennessee, the daughter of a farmer/shopkeeper, and his wife. She was educated, up through college, where she got a BA. She worked for a time, teaching school, until she married her college sweetheart, Thaddeus Caraway. They had three children, and moved to Arkansas, where she raised the children, and he worked at law, and politics. As well as care for the kids, she tended household and kitchen gardens, and over saw the cotton farm they live on as well. They even, eventually, established a second home in Riverdale, Maryland. Her husband was elected to the senate, and died in office in 1931. The governor of Arkansas stepped up and appointed Hattie to his seat. There was a special election held, which Hattie won easily, making her the first elected woman to serve as a United States Senator.
Thursday, July 9, 2009
The other night I had this really bizarre dream. I actually frequently dream very vividly, and bizarrely, but this one had me scratching my head in wonder. It involved me doing a Thursday 13, about Armadillo's. So. Why not? Here are 13 random facts about Armadillos. I don't know why...
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
In the back is a Harlequin fish, and in the front are the Black Molly, and one of the Mickey Mouse fish, thinking I am going to feed them. Greedy buggers.
The one and only red finned Tetra that survived. The others went "over the wall". If you look to the top though, you can see a great shot of the lemon Tetra, and her tail...
this is a better, but kind of blurry shot of a Mickey Mouse fish tail. See why they are called Mickey Mouse fish?
this is a Rummy Nose Tetra. You can't see it in this picture, but they have black and white striped tails.
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
The Sci Fi channel decided to delight me with a Twilight Zone marathon over this last weekend, and my DVR was set accordingly. Of course, they had to scare me at first, by playing the new-ish ones. The ones in color. Tisn't right.
Monday, July 6, 2009
Posted by mielikki at 10:00 AM
Friday, July 3, 2009
Elisabeth Muriel Gregory ("Elsie") MacGill was born in 1905, the daughter of a prominent Canadian lawyer and his wife, British Columbia's first woman judge. Her mother was a strong suffrage advocate, and influence Elsie's decision to continue her education after high school. Elsie was the first Canadian woman to earn a degree in electrical engineering.
Posted by mielikki at 11:33 AM