BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sunday Sunday Sunday

Sunday, our self chosen day to be lazy, (common refrain in our house? You don't have to think, it's Sunday) we hauled ourselves out of bed before noon, and met some friends to head to the semi-local "farmers market and auction".

What was it really? 
I have two words for you
SWAP MEET.
A HUGE one.
     Its been many many years since I've attended a swap meet. My Dad, who also likes an occasional garage sale, and will, as my mother puts it, "take a bucket of s*it if it were free" was a swap meet fan. We'd frequent them as a kid, but I don't ever remember being in such a large one as we were, Sunday.
There were millions of pairs of sunglasses, tons of shoes, blankets as far as the eye could see. Dollies hanging in plastic bags, old electronics, tools, saws, CD's, VHS tapes, and, well, tons of other people's crap.
We bought a mortar and pestle (the better to grind my mojito mint with...) and, after a few hours, finally found the "farmers market" end. I was hoping for more veggies, but you take what you can get. We came out with a bunch of limes, some cherries, apricots, grapes, a pineapple, a watermelon, and, a huge, fragrant Ginger root. Not to shabby.
I don't think I'll be in a hurry to go back, though.

2 comments:

Daryl said...

Sounds like the one I went to in Connecticut that was overwhelmingly huge ... too much to process, we wandered a bit and left

Bubblewench said...

That sounds like a shocker! Glad you got some good fruit though.