BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Ahh, its the end of the year

School is ending in very soon, a few, mere days, as a matter of fact. Leaving us with an active, and probably soon to be bored teenager. It seems like yesterday she was just starting her freshman year, and now its over? Already? Time flies....

I remember, oh so long ago, the end of my freshman year. It was a year wrought with change. Everything seemed different. I had a whole different set of friends, ones that lived further away from me in my big county. I tried alcohol for the first time. I was kissed for the first time. I had "boyfriends". (yeah, plural). I actually FAILED a class for the first time. (Algebra still pains me). The vice principal targeted me because of my sisters behavior, and I served so much after school detention for being tardy for freshman orientation that I got used to getting home in the dark. (I had PE at the opposite end of the school right before that. Stupid.)
So if I can remember all the stuff about MY freshman year, how is it possible that I am now LIVING with a freshman, and I am one of the ADULTS in the house? 
Time, it does more than fly. It went sonic on me....

4 comments:

Daryl said...

Algebra .. I shudder at the memory, I was given a 65 in Algebra I even tho I was totally unable to comprehend it .. ended up failing (BIG surprise) Algebra II .. and went to summer school.. same thing happened with Geometry ... summer school all through high school .. ugh..

Notice I am not even touching on the time going sonic ...

camikaos said...

wowsers... good luck with your summer of teen angst... I remember my freshman year too... and the summer after it ;)

sybil law said...

Algebra is freaking stupid. Don't know how I got great grades in that class (1 & 2!), but I did. I always did things in some sort of completely screwy way, but got the right answers.
Anyway, I know what you mean - sometimes I feel like, "Wait - who the hell put ME in charge?!". :)

Bubblewench said...

sonic is a good way to put it..

Damn woman! Good luck this summer.