BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

playing with my new camera

So when you start with this. . .



And add in some of this


and spend some quality time with it, and a knife...


you end up with a big bowl of this



which can be served thusly


MM and I went a little crazy in the fruit aisle of a store the other day, as you can see. The fun thing? I am sitting here, eating the best fruit salad, ever, with all these tropical fruits in it, the pineapple, the mango, the papaya (we couldn't find star fruit, darn the luck!) and it is snowing HUGELY outside. When I am done with my fruit, I am going to layer up and go play with my new camera some more!

8 comments:

sybil law said...

Nice!
I tired commenting last night. Did not happen. :(
But the fruit looks good!
No wonder you are so fruity!

CamiKaos said...

damn I would LOVE some good pineapple right now.

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm mango's are my fovoritist fruit. Let's talk about photography and what I have learned and since you have some time off ...

~Jef

mielikki said...

Jef- I am admittedly a rookie at photography, but I love taking pictures and learning new things to make me better at it. . .and I adore Mango as well. Matter of fact, I bought this nifty new mango slicer, it's lovely.

Cami- it was even from Hawaii, tasted like sunshine in each bite!

Syb- I am nothing but a big fruit. Thankfully, so is MM. We could barely contain ourselves while we were making that salad.

MM- never fear, sweetie. I will refill your container for tomorrow. If you make it here through all this damn snow, that is. . .

Marcus said...

mmmm, tasty pictures...

holly said...

i'm not on for pineapple, but i do loves me some fruit generally. now i want a banana --- good lord nothing is nicer than a homemade fruit salad, yeah?

and it's the one thing i can competently "cook". :)

NanaKaos said...

The salad is beautiful.
Aren;t Digital Camersa the best. No developing time lag and no extra cash out of pocket. You also don't have to go out in the snow to pick up the photos. Nanakaos

mielikki said...

NK- the salad was awesome. We are still munching on it. And yes, I love digital camera's, they make life sooo nice.

Holly- I especially loved that all the good, tropical fruits were out in the dead of winter, here. It did my heart some good to be eating that, watching the snow fall.

Marcus- were you licking the screen? :)