BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, February 15, 2010

playing hooky

When I was a kid, there was nothing more fun then staying home from school and hanging out with my Dad. Not that I got away with that very often. But every now and again....

My Dad always worked swing shifts. He wouldn't leave for work until around 2 in the afternoon. We would spend those hooky days watching old television. Hogan's Heroes, Dialing for Dollars, Green Acres... M*A*S*H. Dad would make one of his signature sandwiches, that usually involved at least 3 pieces of bread, peanut butter, bologna, jelly, mustard, onions, the kitchen sink...
No one else ate one of Dad's sandwiches, for obvious reasons. He would always offer us one, and seemed baffled when we refused....
I kind of miss those days, playing hooky with Dad...

2 comments:

sybil law said...

Those were the BEST days. Hanging out, watching tv, laying on the couch alll day.... Good times...

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great day to me.

I miss watching the smurfs on saturday morning with my dad.