BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

It's Tuesday, yet again. We all know I have snow, we all know Christmas is coming. My gifts are now almost all sloppily wrapped. There is one hold out.
The post office is holding Tickle Me Ernie hostage on me.

I got a "sorry we missed you!" slip in my mailbox the other day, and thought to myself, "odd, I was home most of the day." Oh well. So I filled it out for re-delivery of Ernie, and I got the slip back, telling me that they would not come through the snow.

Yes, the Post Office won't come through the snow. And I have to tell you, thanks to the hard work of MM, with a little bit of help from me, our driveway really isn't that bad anymore.

So we have to go liberate Ernie from the post office, where he has been held hostage for the last few days. So that I can imprison him again in a brightly, but sloppily wrapped package for middle nephew.

I wonder if he misses Bert? And, is it just me, or does 'Tickle Me Bert" sound a bit skeevy?

OK thats all I got. Off to make cookies.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always thought Bert and Ernie were a bit odd - the whole living together, sleeping in the same bedroom in matching twin beds thing.

I have an Elmo Alive badly wrapped under my tree (thanks to Grandma). Toys have sure changed since I was a kid.

Happy holidays.

Christa said...

I hope you get Ernie out of lock down at the post office!

Thanks for stoppin' by my Giggle On blog to help with the comments for charity post!

Merry Christmas!!

Jo Beaufoix said...

Ewwww, tickle me Bert. I think it sounds creepy cos Bert always seemed like the grown up one to me. Grown ups shouldn't be asking strange kids to tickle them. That's just wrong. ;D

Daryl said...

I hate ALL delivery systems this time of year .. a package shipped overnite to Chicago on Friday is still 'with the courier' .. they claim 'weather' issues .. hellooo.. its CHICAGO not Seattle!

Bah humbug

:-Daryl