BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

MORE

Here, then, are more pictures, of the house.... boring, right?


this is the view from the living room into the dining room. Kind of dark, I know. Sorry. I just don't have a whole lot of time right now to "play" with my pictures, and adjusting things.


Living room. Those are the new couches, and the rock fireplace is where the new to me Gargoyle is now living with his Notre Dame candle.


this would be the far wall of the living room. It is empty now, but we are wanting to put family pictures on that wall. Possibly all in black and white....



this, then, is the deep seated hallway/alcove. The one I painted blue. I think it goes really well with the 'yosemite sand' that we painted in the living room.

All in all, I am pretty happy with the way all of this is turning out. It is still a work in progress, but I finally feel like I have the upper hand of this whole adventure. Some boxes are left, but nothing that is "major". The books are in the bookshelves, the kitchen is done, stuff is on the walls. Things are getting closer to "normal". I am so glad for that. I could use some normal.
Oh, and for the curious, I Have found, and liberated the remaining gargoyle hostages. They are now happily frolicking in the house, along with a few other prizes I found lurking in MM's boxes....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the skylight an the corner fireplace!

Knot

mielikki said...

Thanks Knot. We love those, too. The best thing about the skylight is that it is open-able. And I can't wait for a nice, snowy day, huddled in front of the fire...

sybil law said...

The house is coming along beautifully!
I really like the blue. Blue and sand colors definitely go well together. Any green going anywhere in the house, to continue with the nature theme?

Daryl said...

Love it .. its looking so homey and lived in ... in a nice neat way

:-Daryl

Bubblewench said...

it is looking so awesome! Love it.

What other treasures did MM have?

Mimi said...

What a lovely blue, and I like the poster grouping around the books.

holly said...

you forgot to label the place where i would sit when i come visit. and, of course, you forgot to point to the place where my portrait would hang.

what? you're not putting my portrait up?

no one ever does...

holly said...

must...see...gargoyles...

i'll show you my gargoyle earrings!!!