BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

the changing of my mind

I had this post. It was all written out, and even scheduled.
But I deleted it.
It was about cheating. But I need to think on it more, I think. I couldn't manage to phrase it succinctly enough tonight. I hate it when that happens.
So I will cheat (ha ha)
and ask you.
Cheating?
What defines it?
how many different kinds of cheating are there? (I can think of 3, immediately).
Is it ever okay?

AND
I know none of you are speculating this, but I will say it anyhow, because it bears saying.
This has nothing to do with my present life. Things are fabulous with MM and I. I watched a movie today that involved cheating, is all. It got me thinking...

6 comments:

sybil law said...

Cheating...
There's cheating on a test, cheating on your partner, and cheating yourself.
None of those situations is ideal, but life definitely isn't black and white, either.
I'll wait 'til your post is up before I say anything more!

Daryl said...

What Sybil said.

AND .. worse then cheating is lying to yourself which sort of ties into cheating ... cause many people pretend they arent when they are ... hence the lying

Its sort of like Bill Clinton insisting it was all about the definition ... yeah right

:-Daryl

tlchang said...

I don't know if it is ever 'ok' (however you define *that*), but cheating on your diet or on a crossword puzzle is in a totally different league than cheating on your partner for instance.. Interesting question.

Thanks for the visit to my blog. Yes! Wicked Tinkers are the best!

Jo Beaufoix said...

Hmmm, I agree with all the above. I don't think it's ever ok to deliberately cheat on a partner, but sometimes stuff happens. I suppose it's the intention beh9nd the cheating or the circumstances. I want to read your post now. And you are tagged, sos, but I want you to get all daft and creative. :D

Daryl said...

Mie .. Need your help .. the poem that I was going to use for our anniversary is on my laptop which is in hospital being fixed ..

Could you email it to me again .. please .. as soon as possible .. anniversary is tomorrow! ACK!

:Daryl

MM said...

Cheating on your taxes, also known as sticking it to the man. Cheating death which I plan to do for as long as I can... :D