BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, May 4, 2007

A little bit o' this, a little bit o' that. . .

So, with the gentle prompt from BW, I will tell the other story I mentioned about my friendly, but sometimes incredibly stupid BIL. God help me if my sister ever finds this, but, hey, why not tempt fate. Her computer is a giant piece of shite, and she can barely get online with it.
It was Christmas Eve. I was at my Mom and Dad's, along with the blog famed GG and Uncle Barry. Older sister and her very cool bass playing husband had yet to show up. The phone rings, and I answer it. Its middle sister. She is so mad, she's crying, and barely able to eek out words. It seems my BIL got it into his head that it would be a good idea to take their new puppy, a mini weenie dog who was probably 5 or 6 months old for a ride on the Quad. He also thoughtfully included the three year old (in front of him) and he strapped THE BABY into his carseat, and then strapped the carseat onto the front of said Quad runner. I think the seven year old was on the back, as well. I have tried to block out the image of this, because, frankly, he deserves an award for stupid, and when I think about it, I want to give it to him. His rationale for having the dog on board was that he didn't want to accidentally run her over. Well, things went awry, something tilted, and the three year old almost went ass end over teakettle if I remember correctly. The dog fell off and you guessed it, he ran her over. She ended up getting a chest tube, and cracked vertebrae for Christmas. She actually survived, though. Lucky dog got to spend Christmas with the vet, at her house. So you can see my sister has her hands pretty full. . . I hesitate to hazard a guess what will be waiting for her at the end of our trip. Which brings me to my next point. . .
I am not as exited as I should be for this vacation. Oh, I know it will be fun, and nice and blah blah blah bloody blah. I'm not into it. Though I love my mom, and sister, frankly, I am not too keen on traveling with them. My Mom, she likes to be the one in control, all the time. And middle sister? I don't even know how she's going to be. She honestly has not gone anywhere without husband, or children for seven years. She is leaving her babies for the first time, EVER. And after the last story I just told of gormless BIL, we should all hold hands and pray.
What I am kind of exited about, is that I am meeting a new man tonight. He is one of the computer generated ones, the one who lives only a few miles from here. We have spoken on the phone a few times, usually for a few hours each time. He seems nice. His sense of humor is definately twisted, so he should fit right in. So now I have to go try on every article of clothing I have, then go back to what I have already picked. Just because, I'm a girl, and thats what we do. Isn't it?

7 comments:

sybil law said...

This guy you're meeting - he doesn't have a quad, does he?!!! :)
Sorry. That story isn't even funny in a neanderthal type of man way! Someone would have to be a complete moron to do that. Seriously. That's pretty awful!
But have fun with the meeting, and of course come home and blog blog blog about it!

mielikki said...

Oh I had to laugh out loud, no the guy doesn't have a Quad.
I would never even entertain the notion of dating anyone like BIL. He is impossible to describe, and even more impossible to live with. But, my sister loves him, and deep down, he is actually a nice person. He just doesn't seem to be capable of logical thought. The scary thing? He's a substitute teacher. Because we want him teaching our children, right?
Yes I will come home and blog my nights adventures. I really hope that they are good ones.

Bubblewench said...

Does this BIL even have brain cells?? While that is one of the funniest scariest things I have ever read! Poor puppy!

Good luck tonight.. I hope it goes well. Be happy :)

CamiKaos said...

I had a comment in mind, then I read Sybs and was about to fill her in on the fact that your BIL is exactly the kind of man you wouldn't ever date for various reasons I won't get into, then I read your comment and laughed my fucking ass off.

I remember when it happened because I think GG and Barry were up here with us. It's the only reason we knew. I said more than a few choice things about brains that evening...

mielikki said...

Yes, I remember now, GG was up with you guys, and its a good thing, too, because she gets very impatient with BIL, and I think some day she is going to wring his neck for him!

kaliulka said...

you guys are too funny! Just wondering: what happened to the last "L" in BIL? Maybe mom and dad and teachers had to shorten the spelling of his name when the kid was learning to write...

mielikki said...

I use BIL to indicate Brother in Law. Better than typing it out!