BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Candy...

I want to talk about an all important fixture of Halloween today.
The candy.
We associate many kinds with this holiday. Candy Corn, Smarties, the litte 'Dum-Dum' suckers, just to name a few.
I personally give out a bagged mix that has Tootsie Rolls,(regular, and flavored) Tootsie Pops, and Dots. The kids of my neighborhood like this selection, I've had no complaints or eggs lobbed at me.
But for me. There is one thing I look forward to, every year. I get one bag, only, and even then, I don't eat the whole thing. I take them to work, or give them away to the ankle biters that come trick or treating.
My favorite candy of choice is
the Mary Jane Peanut Butter Kisses.
You know the ones. they come wrapped in orange, and black wrappers. They are now made by the NECCO corporation.
The original, though, comes from a recipe by one Charles H. Miller. He had a candy company that made the original Mary Janes, the "plain Jane's", if you will. They are in a yellow and black wrapper. "Plain Jane's" are good too, but I live for the Peanut Butter ones. Ahem. Anyhow. The peanut butter variety came into life in 1914. The name, "Mary Jane", is after a favorite Aunt in the Miller family. (perhaps, this is why I prefer them? I like to think I am the favorite Aunt of a few boys I know). They are made of molasses taffy, and have that sweet peanut butter spot in the middle.
Some people HATE them with a passion. This, I know. Because I would trade them the candy I hated for their Peanut Butter kisses. It seems, that there is no fine line. Its either love, or hate with this particular candy. I think you can guess which side of the fence I fall on.
So this is my Halloween candy love. Mary Jane Peanut Butter Kisses. I wait for them, all year long.
What's yours?

4 comments:

Lori said...

I'm not a fan of "chewy" candies. They make me feel like my teeth will be pulled out. I am a fan of chocolate though. My faves are Twix, Kit Kat and Reece's Peanut Butter Cups.

Mimi said...

I've never had those.

I like those Brach's caramel squares.

CamiKaos said...

judging from the lack of peanut butter cups left in the mixed bag that once contained them I am going to go with peanut butter cups

sybil law said...

It used to be Snickers for me. I am not a huge sweet tooth person, so if I eat it it usually has to contain nuts, too. This year I don't even have a little craving for any. Weird, huh?!
But those Dots - kids loooove those Dots!!!!