Our electricity supplier out here in California is PG and E (Pacific Gas and Electric).
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Posted by mielikki at 10:52 AM
Monday, June 28, 2010
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Friday, June 18, 2010
Thursday, June 17, 2010
I think I've come to the place many bloggers eventually get to.
Posted by mielikki at 3:48 PM
Wednesday, June 16, 2010
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Step out of the box.
Use your imagination.
No one's answers are quite like yours
So much crazy news out there lately -from sunbursts to outbursts to implants to supplements. Here are a few topics spinning off the newswire.. Sound off and tell us how you really feel about it. Your opinion counts.
1. What would you do about the BP oil spill? Give us your suggestions. I would have prevented it from happening in the first place.
2. Tipper and Al Gore are calling it quits. I honestly think its a real shame, that you spend 40 years with someone, but yet you can't figure out how to stick out the last few? On the other hand, who knows how long they've been unhappy. If they can gain some happiness, then more power to them. I cannot imagine either one of them trying to get a date, though. Can you imagine his Eharmony profile? *shudder*
3. It’s hot! The heat index topped 104 degrees today in some parts of the United States. How is the weather in your part of the world? We're hanging around in the mid 80's. Perfect weather for hanging out in the shade in my hammock.
4. Do you think smoking should be banned in public places? Yes please.
5. Unemployment from the top down: Do you think President Obama has a good chance or no chance of being re-elected in the next US election? The American public is so fickle that I refuse to even hazard a guess on that right now. It depends on which way the wind is blowing on election day.
6. What??! Actor Gary Coleman’s wife reportedly sold private pictures of the deceased actor on his deathbed. TACKY TACKY TACKY. I hope she doesn't get a penny.
7. Texting while driving. Do you? Don't you? Will you? Won't you? No way in hell. Cell phone talking is bad enough, I've already been rear ended by a teenager doing just that.
8. Lindsay Lohan. Has she been treated fairly or unfairly by the legal system? I really wouldn't know. I gave up on her when she went blonde and grew up trashy.
9. The Sarah Palin rumor mill caught wind of her recent decision to have breast implants….so said the reporters-who-need-to-get-a-job-and-stop-making-up-news. She has denied the earthshaking allegations. Was this really news? For me, she stopped being news a very long time ago. She needs to go back to Alaska.
10. An asteroid is supposed to hit earth this Friday. Are you prepared? No, and I probably won't be. Hopefully it will hit desert somewhere and not in my neck of the woods.
Sunday, June 13, 2010
I have a treat for the few of you that still stumble by here.
Posted by mielikki at 11:40 AM
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
#40 The Weekend Meme
1. What is your typical weekend like? My typical weekend is spent trying to relax, and enjoy spending time with MM and MG. And sleeping in!
2. Are you a party animal or a couch potato on the weekends? A little of both, depending on what we feel like doing
3. It wasn’t until 1940 that the two-day weekend became nationwide. I say it’s time for three-day weekend across the whole world! . Wouldn’t you love to work 4 days and off 3 all the time? Do you think this is a good idea? I work three, 12 hour shifts (nights) a week, so I really can't offer an opinion. Would I like MM to always have a 3 day weekend? Absolutely. HOWEVER, what about the kids in school? I think they need their whole school week (I know, boo, hiss!).
4. Do you consider Sunday as a traditional day of rest? We do try and observe that here. We have a solid weekend rule. "No thinking on Sunday".
5. What are your around-the-house weekend chores? Since I am off during the week, I don't hold chores for the weekend...
6. If you have a significant other in your life or are dating, what is your favorite indoor and outdoor activity? Indoors, we've been watching a lot of "Arrested Development". Outdoors? if the season is right, going to various lakes with friends to swim and hang out.
7. Where would go for a romantic weekend getaway? The Coast
8. Do you have any special weekend traditions, quirks or rituals? Yes. NO THINKING ON SUNDAY. And during football season, hot wings :)
9. What is your weekend blogging routine? I don't usually blog on weekends, unless I think of something really good
10. Tell us about your favorite weekend memories as a child? Going on vacation, to Lake Almanor, where it seemed like a permanent weekend.
Monday, June 7, 2010
For my picture source, go visit Daryl
Posted by mielikki at 10:47 AM
Friday, June 4, 2010
Posted by mielikki at 6:28 AM
Thursday, June 3, 2010
For my source, as usual, go here
Posted by mielikki at 8:24 AM
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
This meme will make no sense. Do not expect it to. It has no rhyme or reason. There is no serious theme or deep thought required. Just answer with the first thought that pops into your brain and go with it. After all, that's how I made up the questions. Stop rolling your eyes.
When was the last time you……
rolled your eyes More than likely at work, the last time I was charge nurse, over the stupidity of one particular nurse I work with...
Tied your shoe Most of my shoes are slip ons, but I tied the shoe of a kid the other day, does that count?
reorganized your bedroom That is an ongoing, ever present work in progress...
Took a walk in the park um, probably last fall at Empire Mines...
Chewed gum yesterday
drew a stick person I draw them all the time, they are the only thing I can draw successfully....
activated something hell if I know, I can't even pretend to remember
Took a photograph yesterday
Drank a milkshake last week, made with ice cream with girl scout cookies in it (I had a craving, what can I say?)
ate orange jello When I was very, very sick, about a month ago, I ate some jell-o. I don't remember if it was orange, or not. I was just praying to hold it down.
google mapped an address Thats what I have MM for =)
sang your favorite song I don't sing. And the world is a better place because I don't.
made a peace globe. (Please show us!) Um, working on it... I have a great idea for one, I really do!
Threw a baseball I am hopeless at those things (sports). I've thrown a softball, a tennis ball, but I don't think I have ever thrown a real baseball...
Fumbled with a button I am skilled with the buttons. I have mad skilz with buttoning and unbuttoning of things.
Spilled your drink this probably happens daily
administered CPR I am a working ICU nurse. You do the math. I have to work tonight and don't want to jinx myself.
looked in the mirror half hour ago?
testified in court never. And I don't think I care to.
Made a sarcastic remark hello, you've met me, right? (Um, ok, probably not. Suffice it to say, probably 10 seconds ago, at the very least)
Offered someone advice I shy away from this, unless asked. Its been a few days
Watched a sunrise or sunset Working nights, I see the sun rise at least 3 times a week...
Were jealous ooh. Tough one. I am not a jealous person by nature. Its been awhile.
Smiled when you didn’t feel like smiling Sadly, I can admit I do this frequently at work.
Loved when you didn't feel like loving Not possible for me. I always love my love..
Ironed an article of clothing I loathe ironing, and avoid it at all costs. I'd rather go wrinkled.
noticed you didn't give a damn my give a damn got busted a long, long time ago
had a mammogram I believe this is the first year I am eligible for one of these joyful rights of passage. I just turned 40. (No family history...)
Read your horoscope I'd rather read a fortune cookie
moped a few days ago when I had to go to work
Held someone’s hand yesterday =)
Crossed a bridge Crossed, or burnt?
threw away a candy wrapper yesterday
Sat on a bench yesterday...
turned a page today
tripped over your own 2 feet daily
Sat on a beach TOO LONG!
dialed the wrong number What's dialing?
Ignored a phone call yesterday....
Kissed a bride at least 10 years, or maybe even more
tweeted Twitter kind of annoyed me, so I deleted my account a few years ago
Rode a roller coaster I don't like rolly coasters...
you were really you I am always really me. I don't understand people who hide themselves...
Cried yourself to sleep don't remember... this doesn't occur often...
Were speechless when I was asleep!
rode a bus huh.... I honestly cannot remember
went to a funeral its been a few years, thank God.
were right the better question is when was I wrong? :)
were left left where?
bent over backwards, or forwards?
sent a text message um, yesterday?
Lit a candle last week-ish
Lost your temper Ah, I plead the fifth
fell off a horse I have only done this once. I was about 16, I think
changed the oil in your car I have people who do this for me!
Added a new FACEBOOK friend yesterday morning...
went bowling Wii bowling? Not that long ago. "Real" bowling? its been a long, LONG time
Laughed uncontrollably its been a few days
Felt guilty about 3 days ago
Looked up a word in the dictionary about a month ago. but I cannot remember which word, for the life of me
returned from the point of no return am I there yet?
couldn't remember your name I've not ever had this problem
surrendered to temptation 10 seconds ago, because now I am eating peanut butter and jelly
felt genuinely happy right now, with my pb and j
saw a famous person in real life? We saw Ty Pennington in NYC, in Central Park, about 3 years ago. Walking. Right after his DUI. True story..
kissed in a car yesterday...
Sent a greeting card mother's day
used your passport TOO LONG!
yelled at your television only during football season
confided a secret um... I can't tell that!
changed your blog template about 3 months ago, I think
wrote in cursive daily
took a driving test 20 some odd years...
Backed up your computer files frequently and automatically
When was the last time you said this was the last time? if I said that it would be a lie, wouldn't it?