Thursday, December 31, 2009
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
It's a milestone day here in the Mustang household.
Posted by mielikki at 9:14 AM
Monday, December 28, 2009
And a short return to what we can possibly refer to as "normalcy", maybe?
Posted by mielikki at 7:16 AM
Saturday, December 26, 2009
I cannot, for the life of me, SLEEP IN this week!
Posted by mielikki at 6:21 AM
Thursday, December 24, 2009
Posted by mielikki at 9:26 AM
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
1. What is the most annoying Christmas song?
for me, honestly? Jingle Bells, because it's SO REPETETIVE. Kids usually just sing the chorus over and over and over and over, until I want to jingle THEIR bells. Sigh.
2. Name one annoying thing that happens to you each time you get together with your family during the holidays. Without fail, somewhere, in our family, a sink backs up. This year, it was MINE at Thanksgiving. That, and my Mom burns the bread...
3. What is eggnog? Think about it. Does anybody really know?
I just so happened to be watching "Good Eats" before I came to work, and Alton Brown MADE Egg Nog. So, I do actually know. But I should leave it a surprise for the rest of you.
4. Don't take this personally but there are lots of fruitcakes walking around. Have you encountered any real live nuts lately?
Hello? I work in a hospital. Fruitcake, for me is a year 'round treat. Matter of fact, I am eyeballing one right at this moment.
5. Why were the nine Lords a'leaping in those annoying tights???!
Because their twigs and berries are outlined for all the world to see, and by jumping and leaping it focus' your attention to their attributes. Those Lords are shameless
6. What is the most annoying Christmas gift you've ever received?What did you do with it??
I don't know it is really annoying, but it IS odd. Someone gave me an ornament gift one year of a white cat, dressed in a big, fluffy crinoline dress. It is disturbing. But yet, it is hanging on my tree. ( In the back, though)
7. Let's admit it: Christmas, with all its splendor and goodwill, can also be a pain in the royal patootie. How do you plan to circumvent annoyances this year and enjoy the season? I don't know that I successfully circumvented the annoyances, but, I do remind myself daily how lucky I am to have what I have, and tell myself to be grateful, because I have people that love me, that I love in return, and that I still have family close enough to celebrate with, and I can choose to avoid the stress. But I admit sometimes it's difficult....
As usual, for more fun, go here
Monday, December 21, 2009
Rainy day Monday, and Christmas is a few short days away. I know that you all are feeling the same kind of time crunch I probably am. As much as I love this time of year, I also love for it to be over.... I worked last night, work tonight and tomorrow, too, then I am off for a few days, and we go to celebrate Christmas with my side of the family. This year's celebration is kind of bitter-sweet, what with my Dad being diagnosed with lymphoma, again, and, well, my Grandmother is getting older, and I have to remind myself that as much as I would like her to, she can't live forever. Makes me sad thinking about it, though, so I am just going to enjoy all these days and minutes that I have, and not focus on anything negative. Besides, I gotta go to sleep soon and I don't want to have sad dreams.
Posted by mielikki at 7:46 AM
Friday, December 18, 2009
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
The Ex Files
2. Name one EXciting thing that happens in your life daily. I get to help parent a teenager!
3. Tell us the good, the bad and the uglies of your online EXperiences. The good? I met MM online.... The bad? I met a lot of toads before I met MM... the ugly? Um... those toads again.
4. What makes an ordinary day EXtraordinary and EXceptional? Different things, really, but anything that makes me laugh a lot makes an exceptional day for me
5. Name one embarrassing incident you had to EXplain to your mother when you were a child. Why I answered the door naked when the water guy came to give us fresh water. And why we got free water for 2 months after that... *grin*
6. If you could FedEX yourself anywhere in the world,
where would you go? Back to Paris
7. Who would you like to EXray and why? The Elephant Man, because I bet his films are cool! Or maybe, Mulder.. (but not Scully)
Posted by mielikki at 2:29 AM
Monday, December 14, 2009
Oh my brain, it does hurt.
Posted by mielikki at 12:06 PM
Saturday, December 12, 2009
Posted by mielikki at 12:01 PM
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
You Are On Your Way
1. You are at a party in a very bad mood. There is an obnoxious guest with a camera snapping pictures of everyone in sight. Do you allow the photographs or ask them to stop? I would probably smile politely, for ONE photo, and if the guy persisted, I would more than likely leave because I shouldn't be at a party in a bad mood. Or, I would "accidentally" toss a drink, or worse on him.
2. You are shopping and watch the lady beside you at the jewelry co
unter slip an expensive diamond ring in her purse. What do you do? Honestly? I would rat her out. Stealing is not okay. I'd probably feel more compassionate towards someone stealing food, but a diamond ring? Nope.
3. You are on your way to a black tie affair and running late. You are the guest speaker at this event and everyone is waiting for you. A police officer pulls you over for speeding. Do you make up a story or tell him where you are going and try to talk your way out of the citation? Tell us your excuse. My Nursing license is right next to my drivers license. Most cops really hate to ticket nurses, especially in their hometowns, because we have long memories, mwaa haa haa. I'd probably just cry, because, knock on wood, I have NEVER gotten a speeding ticket.
4. You are on your way downstairs on Christmas morning to see what Santa Claus left. There are no gifts under the tree. He leaves a note that reads, "You've been VERY naughty this year."
What did you do??! Cried on a cop ;) or lied to him. Um, what didn't I do might be a better question. Is Santa going to visit us in the dungeon?
5. You are halfway through a first date with someone you really like. Suddenly your ex walks in and sits down at the table beside you. What do you do? Have an even better time. But I would probably try to speed up the date a little until we left the restaurant. Or better yet, complain to the waiter that the guest they just seated smells like a distillery (which would be true) and ask to be moved.
6. You are on your way to meet a billionaire. She is going to give you enough money to live on for the rest of your life IF you can answer this question correctly: Which came first the chicken or the egg? Absolutely the egg. God wanted to see if he could make such a smooth, oval object produce something as funny looking as a chicken. Its his own personal joke.
7. You are on your way to the sun and moon and stars for an intergalactic vacation.
You crash into a rainbow.
What do you find in your pot of gold? The miracle cure for Cancer.
Monday, December 7, 2009
So I had this blogpost all planned in my head kind of about Christmas lights, tree preferences and nosy cats, and cats who let you do just about anything to them.
Posted by mielikki at 10:15 AM
Thursday, December 3, 2009
Nurses make the WORST patients.
Posted by mielikki at 1:11 PM
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
3. Have you ever asked a sales clerk to remove something from display if it is the last one in the store? Tell us what special something would make you strip the clothes off a mannequin.
(which begs the question...Are all mannequins born naked?) I have, on occasion, asked for the very last one of something, as long as it isn't flawed or broken, why not?
5. I really don't care if a guy goes shopping with me. I'm in my own zone and always have a plan. Are you an alone-shopper or would you like to have company? OK I have given up all hope of ever getting out of the dungeon. I REALLY hope you're sitting down, my Queen.
6. Have you ever done anything other than actually try on clothes in a dressing room? (I have no idea why this question followed the previous one. Ahem.) Um. No. See my answer above. I avoid dressing rooms like the plague...
7. Do you like or do you get annoyed when salesclerks and store management follows you around asking "May I help you?" a million times? (I have no idea why this question followed the previous one.) I don't like being stalked by anyone in a store. However, when I do seem to need help, I can never seem to find any of my stalkers. It seems like they can sense when you need help, and then all disappear...
8. Create your very own store-brand name. (ie; Toys 'R Us, WalMart) What would YOUR establishment's name be?