BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

apple, anyone?

I sit and think tonight, lots of thoughts.
Everywhere I have gone, any TV that I have watched over the last week or so, there is an underlying focus.
No, not the political one.
The much heralded, and, oft times dreaded return to school.
Mustang Girl has been a freshman since Wed. the 13th. (doing well so far).
A friend of mine took his first born to college this weekend. And actually left her there.
MM's sister took her firstborn to college as well. (Our future first female supreme court justice. Is that what she decided she wanted to be, sis?) And managed to leave her there.
New beginnings for all.

BUT.
this is what has my brain in motion tonight. Not a beginning. A continuation.
Mustang Man took his first step back into higher education.
A step he's wanted to take for awhile.
He now has homework. A back pack. Pencils, and paper in his backpack.
And I could not be happier for him. Or prouder. Having the desire to learn more, to branch out, to take that chance. He is, quite simply, awesome.
I don't talk a whole lot about MM here on the blog. I mention him, probably daily, I describe some of the stuff around us. I link over to his blog when he posts something. But I really don't talk ABOUT him.
Until now. (because I can, he isn't here to stop me ;))
There are so so so so so many things about him that I love. His gentle nature. His laugh. His VERY TWISTED sense of humor. His strong commitment to being the best parent that he possibly can be. His smarts. (and his smart ass comments). His 'laid backness'. It takes a lot to rile him up. But I wouldn't want to piss him off.
He is willing to try just about anything, with an open mind. He can sit and hold a conversation about anything, and not get mad. I can make him squirm just by discussing the future dating habits of MG. And it's cute.
He snores. Yes he does. And I can't sleep well now unless I have him snoring somewhere near me. Makes sleeping during the day a little awkward.
He is also extremely supportive of anything I want to do. Or anything Mustang Girl might want to try. (almost). Without a doubt, I know, if I happened to be in bind, he'd be there. Without hesitation.
So off he went last night, to start something new of his own. I plan on being his own, at home cheerleader for this event. To support him, help him as much as I possibly can, and watch, with glee, as he learns whatever it is he wants to learn. As he takes this as far as he wants to go. I will follow. What the future holds? Dunno. We could end up traveling together, as nurses. We could end up staying in Podunk. We could also end up in Greece, where he could fly airplanes for tourists and I can, well. Drink Ouzo and make Baklava. Whatever.
So. Mustang Man. Taking the school thing to a whole new level. Most excellent....

11 comments:

Bubblewench said...

Good luck to MM.. I know how that is...

That's very cool.

Daryl said...

Most excellent ... continuing education rocks .. and being a cheerleader is one of the most wonderfully supportive roles an SO can have.

Rock on MM! You too Cheerleader Chick!

:-Daryl

CamiKaos said...

you go MM!

You too Mie.

Lori said...

Good luck to MM! I have a love of learning. I just wish I had the time and money to continue.

sybil law said...

That's awesome, for everyone!

Mimi said...

Best wishes to MM.

And, I'm totally into ouzo and baklava myself.

NanaKaos said...

I remember when DaddyKaos went back to school. He worked a 40 hour week and still carried a full schedule. He managed to graduate in 5 years with a high average and honors. It was difficult and a challenge to keep a marriage together, start a family and put food on the table too.
We managed, but we were sure happy and proud when it was over. Good luck MM and you too Mie. It will be worth it in the end.

Marcus said...

Hi five over teh interwebs for another returning student. Its rough going to school where most of the people around you are 5 to 10 years younger than you. Speaking of which, I need to finish my homework...

MM said...

Thanks everyone, they say that the first step is the hardest, and a journey of a 1000 miles begins with the first step and all of that, but it was very reassuring to see that I wasn't the only person in the class over 35.

I don't think that I wouldn't have taken the first step without Mie and MG backing me up. :) Thanks and love to them both.

Jo Beaufoix said...

Wow, that's brilliant. Go for it MM,and Mie, you will be the coolest cheerleader ever.

holly said...

kudos! i wanted to go back for more education for a very long time, as qoh's early arrival prevented the 'm.s.' letters from being placed behind my name. now i think it's just way too much work for me.

nevermind that i spend 3 hours blogging a night. is there a masters in blogging? i'd so get that...