Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Not so pleasant. Also no surprise

Toddlers are full of snot.
I think it makes up 90% of their body weight. (The other 10% being drool).
     MB and I have had a chest cold for about a week now.  Every time I think we are improving, we relapse. Part of the issue is I've had a junky work schedule lately, and a lot of late night/early morning calls. I had to call in sick today, because I have no voice. No bueno..
    But this boy of mine....good gravy!!! So much snot! MM and I have given up the idea of unslimy clothes right now. On top of the cold, he has 2 upper molars coming in, which has ratcheted up the secretion production to epic amounts. Add water (like a hot bath, or, a full sippy) and you can increase that 1000 fold! We were so desperate this weekend we even became lemmings and bought pre packaged "boogie wipes".  (For the record? Those things are great. Moistened with a little saline to help clear the nose. And they're grape scented. He lets me use them with less of a fight).
I am anxiously awaiting the end of this snotty plague, but the amount of snot covered laundry it's generating has me cowering in a corner, contemplating fluff and fold...


Finding Pam said...

I hope you both get well soon.

Daryl said...

oy! and it sounds like you and he are sharing germs .. back/forth ... here's to a less snotty time!