BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

technology? Bah!

The latest technology offered to people expecting children is the 3D ultrasound, which gives an amazingly accurate picture of your baby's features, while still in utero....

My OB has told me from the beginning of my pregnancy that we should have one if we wanted it, and that it is perfectly safe for the baby. The only caution he had was that the people doing it should not be offering any diagnostic advice, because they are not my MD. Made sense to me...
I can admit a curiosity, to see what the boy looks like, and, frankly? I love seeing him moving and healthy. BUT, I also am the lucky one that gets to feel him move and hiccup and kick and roll. I know that Mustang Man, and Mustang Girl really enjoy getting to hear his heartbeat, and see him, too, possibly more than me. So, I found a place that does the the 3D, and scheduled us for a look. My Mom also got to come, she really wanted to see her grandson...
Well...
Mustang Boy, true to the form I've grown used to, had another idea :)
He is, and has been for at least a month, already in a head down position, preparing himself for his grand entrance. Because of this, he is low enough that the ultrasound was not able to capture his face. At all. I laughed, and am still laughing. The tech told us to get our money back. (which we did).
Would I have liked to see him? Yeah. But I am going to be seeing him PLENTY. And soon. So will MM, MG, and my Mom. Everyone took it good naturedly, chalked it up, and in the end, at least we got to meet my mom for a nice lunch. We also, that evening, met with MM's niece, and her boyfriend, for a nice dinner. It was a nice, family oriented day.

4 comments:

sybil law said...

Awwww. Well we already know he's cute, anyway. :)

Mimi said...

I agree, he's adorable.

My youngest did that - he got head down months before he was born. Consequently, I was sure his foot would just rub through my belly.
Yeouch.

Daryl said...

He is a stinker .. at least he's being nice about entering the world head first ...

Bubblewench said...

Little bugger!! Yeah.. you'll be seeing more then enough of his cute little face soon!!