BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, November 10, 2011

RA, RA, RA?

So, its been "officially" confirmed, I do indeed, have Rheumatoid Arthritis.

What does this mean?
It means at least I know what's going on with my silly body, and it also means that I have treatment that will significantly put me in a better place.
I met my rheumatologist yesterday for the first time. I really liked him. He's this really kind of quirky MD who studied mostly in the south (Mississippi) and he was very positive about what I could expect over the next few months. He was also realistic and too the point, which I like.
I've started taking the medications, and, he says in a few weeks I'll feel like a new woman. My symptoms will resolve, over some time, and I have to not get complacent because I feel better and stop taking the medications. I will be on meds for the rest of my life, if I want to not have the pain issues and swelling issues I have now.
He also took me off work until January 1st, so that we can get all the meds and symptoms and labwork sorted out. Apparently I am very prone to infection at this time, because my body is too busy fighting itself to recognize that another outside thing needs to be fought. Makes sense. Working in an ICU full of winter infected people could cause me issues, so, I'm off. Can't say I'm heartbroken, since it gives me the holidays free and clear to spend with my family, BUT, I do like my job too, and was kind of just getting back into the groove after maternity leave.
Ah, well, whats a girl to do
So thats the skinny on me. MB is of course, awesome. He's eating some solid foods now, Applesauce, Carrots, and Peaches. Next on the list of things to subject him to is peas. Yech. But he needs a green veggie...
MG is doing fantastic in her senior year, senior pictures to be taken soon!
And of course MM is still fantastic and has really been supportive over all the recent junk I'm experiencing...
so, onward, upward, ect. ect.
I'm all set to kick some RA ass, and get on with it....

2 comments:

Mimi said...

I'm sorry you are dealing with this. Prayers.
I have a FB friend who has RA, let me know if you want me to put you guys in touch.

sybil law said...

Well I'm glad you got a diagnosis and a treatment plan! The vacation sounds pretty sweet, too!!
I have never figured out why they took spinach off of baby foods. Gilda loved it, but they no longer make it. Probably causes cancer or something. She HATED peas, though (I do, too). Her favorites were carrots, spinach and plums. She hated any kind of meat until a couple of years ago. It's kind of fun to feed them the baby foods! I miss it.